E38 Msport for sale

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Do they even make an M-sport 728i??? I thought it was only 750......hmmmmmm

I called Mr John and he was at a funeral. He will call back.....

yes, they did have M-sports. if it's the real deal in decent condition, the car is a good deal at 80k. go take a look before it is sold.

pussy;549421 said:
yes, they did and what a find.. i know only 2 persons having the M-sport version here in KL..

but if you refer to this thread, you will know..thanks to unker vincent

http://www.meeknet.co.uk/E38/bmw_e38_buying_guide.htm

cheers..

Thanks! I did check the thread and also googled this. I know the e38 carries a Msport version. Fundamental question, is it a 728 or a 740/750? I would be real surprised if it came in E38. If it is true, my E34 is for immediate sale and am buying the Msport. Cannot let go of my blue beauty e38, its just too precious :wink:

Rilek lar bro. 1 E38 cukup ler. Bagi orang lain chance plak or sell yr current E38 to me cheap cheap:listen:

initialM;549424 said:
Rilek lar bro. 1 E38 cukup ler. Bagi orang lain chance plak or sell yr current E38 to me cheap cheap:listen:

and then sell your E46 to me cheap2.. hehehehe :listen::listen::wink:

initialM;549424 said:

Heheheheh....bro my E38 too special to me la. So much of hard work and thought in the car. This one is for keeps

I did ctc the owner last week but he was outstation. Also cant get him earlier this week when was in KL. I think we have to fight for this car hahahha:cool:

initialM;549431 said:
I did ctc the owner last week but he was outstation. Also cant get him earlier this week when was in KL. I think we have to fight for this car hahahha:cool:

hehehehehe......no fight bro....make love not war :top: owner at funeral, I am yet to rid my suspicion on this Msport....as far as I know, a real authentic one is only in a 740 V8 engine...all else are after-market upgrades...all authentic forums say the same. Nonethless, the spec and price for a 2001 model is reasonable. If so, she is all yours....

Just joking bro, me also in process of buyin new house. too much commitment:listen:

initialM;549431 said:

ha! Initial... what's stopping you?? go for it! :cool:

initialM;549443 said:
Just joking bro, me also in process of buyin new house. too much commitment:listen:

True la bro. Have to balance our passion and "gilaness" for UDM's against real priorities in life. This all for fun and enjoyment, but within limits lor. ONLY will do this if real authentic :wink:

haywire;549472 said:
This really surprises me...because last year (2009) there was much hype in Autocar and other car magazines in the UK about the FIRST genuine factory 7 series M-sport ever, to be installed in the F01.

I doubt the UK car magazine didnt know about former 7 Series M-sport? Even for the 740i or 750i?

One such article was this: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/First-Official-Pictures/BMWs-M-Sport-7-series-2009-first-official-pictures/

Or I am forgetting Malaysia is Bolehland?

Bro - thanks! This is where it gets very confusing. If an M-sport is merely a cosmetic upgrade with no performance enhancement (apart from suspension), then something wrong somewhere la. I read on Meeknet and Bimmerforums that an Ori Msport e38 which only was made in the 740/750 models and even in Manual on some has a final gear ratio thats different.......and I quote

The true Sports models have a few identifying features:

M-Parallel 18" Alloys
Shadowline / Bodycolour exterior
M Steering wheel
Anthracite headlining
S-EDC (see options)
Contour seats

The correct torque-converter and differential are difficult to check, the only definite method is to contact BMW Customer Services to obtain the original specification. However, the presence of an anthracite (black) headlining is a good visual clue as these are extremely difficult to retrofit. There are many E38's that have most of the other options that are not Sports models. Recently I looked into a method for discerning between a 740i and a 740i Sport, the following method will ensure, at least, that the correct final-drive unit is fitted:

Use OBC hidden function 8 to display KPH; set cruise to 123KPH on a level road
(the speedo will show 80MPH/128KPH as it over-reads by 4%)

Use OBC hidden function 7/2 to show RPM

A non-Sport model will show 2305 - 2310 RPM
A Sport model will show 2475 - 2480 RPM

In my case, it's quite pointless considering such an Msport, as my car has already been customised to look like one, at least I think so la....hahahahahaha (so far as humanly possible, apart from the personal taste of rims), but surely won't feel like one!!! I'm perplexed :stupid:

I don't think BMW marketed the E38 in a "M-sports" guise. From what I have read on the net (including the links given above), its is just "Sports" without the "M" moniker. Having said that, the usual M upgrades are there (i.e. shadowtrims, anthracide headliner, M-steering wheels etc.). So, technically, looks like there isn't a factory "M-Sports" version for the E38.

I also thought that the Sports guise only comes in the 740 / 750 version and not the 728 from what I have read on the net. But, BMW is known to make different models for different markets so I cannot be 100% on this. The only way is to check the VIN with BMW.

andrewk;549539 said:
I don't think BMW marketed the E38 in a "M-sports" guise. From what I have read on the net (including the links given above), its is just "Sports" without the "M" moniker. Having said that, the usual M upgrades are there (i.e. shadowtrims, anthracide headliner, M-steering wheels etc.). So, technically, looks like there isn't a factory "M-Sports" version for the E38.

I also thought that the Sports guise only comes in the 740 / 750 version and not the 728 from what I have read on the net. But, BMW is known to make different models for different markets so I cannot be 100% on this. The only way is to check the VIN with BMW.

I kinda agree with you on that. Furthermore on the red 728 on ebay doesnt have sport bumpers. It might be just 'sport pack' rather than full M-Sport incarnation.

Top Bottom