Bella is up for sale....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I already took off my extended steering paddles and put back the original paddle kontot...didnt like the finish on it.

yea the original paddies look the biz. The extended ones look somewhat like a boy-racer...imo

bimmerholic;625849 said:
yea the original paddies look the biz. The extended ones look somewhat like a boy-racer...imo

Not many people know but there are also aftermarket extended OEM-look paddles:

79662d1236659161-custom-bmw-e60-m5-smg-shift-paddles-shift-paddles.jpg

These paddles fully functional? Like SMG?

Meaning you guys are able to upshift and downshift using the paddles instead of the normal gearbox?

Eggie86;625860 said:

Meaning you guys are able to upshift and downshift using the paddles instead of the normal gearbox?

Of course its fully functioning.. Whats the point if its not?...

Eggie86;625860 said:

Of course la functional...otherwise I spent 1000 USD for nothing la...

I'll show u in the next TT. Basically instead of using the gear knob you use this la. Small wiring only to connect with the current Steptronic wiring.

Kadir and myself bought the harness itself from US and the steering from UK. Its all plug and play.

haywire;625864 said:
Of course la functional...otherwise I spent 1000 USD for nothing la...

I'll show u in the next TT. Basically instead of using the gear knob you use this la. Small wiring only to connect with the current Steptronic wiring.

Kekeke. NOOBIE HERE... :p

No idea how flappy paddles actually work... Always hear Jeremy Clarkson banging on and on about them compared to a conventional manual 'box.

Okie Haywire, looking forward to Paddles 101 session next TT. :top:

BTW Eggie, I just bought a February 2011 BMWCar magazine over lunchtime...good articles on the M3s (all generation) and also a supplemental 36 pages of all BMW cars 1928-2011. Nice.

Also there's a buying guide for the E90 318d(?) and 320d for those who's interested in that.

Been secretly reading it under a pile of papers in the office since then hahahaha

Its just a simple freakin 2 wire system and grounding. When we found out, we were like "what?? lidddat only ka" and heck it works when you put the gear to DS.

Eggie86;625866 said:
Kekeke. NOOBIE HERE... :p

No idea how flappy paddles actually work... Always hear Jeremy Clarkson banging on and on about them compared to a conventional manual 'box.

Okie Haywire, looking forward to Paddles 101 session next TT. :top:

Our retrofit paddles are only Semi SMG, it uses the steptronic manual mode to change gears with the automatic gearbox. True SMG cars uses a clutchless (the driver dont have to push the clutch la, but there's still clutch in the system) MANUAL gearbox which is controlled thru the paddles.

Its ala ala SMG la.. In reality its still a slush box but damn siok la naik Genting with paddle shifters hehe (on my 330ci la)

haywire;625868 said:
BTW Eggie, I just bought a February 2011 BMWCar magazine over lunchtime...good articles on the M3s (all generation) and also a supplemental 36 pages of all BMW cars 1928-2011. Nice.

Also there's a buying guide for the E90 318d(?) and 320d for those who's interested in that.

Been secretly reading it under a pile of papers in the office since then hahahaha

Where where??? What's on the cover? 3 series ///M generations ah?? My last back issue was the Jan 2011 I think. :p

Eggie86;625876 said:
Where where??? What's on the cover? 3 series ///M generations ah?? My last back issue was the Jan 2011 I think. :p

This one:

3ef2e_ehc2lw.jpg

With this 36 page supplement:

3ef2e_2yv2io7.jpg

Bought it in Midvalley just now.

haywire;625882 said:
This one:

3ef2e_ehc2lw.jpg

With this 36 page supplement:

3ef2e_2yv2io7.jpg

Bought it in Midvalley just now.

Dang, I need to get myself a copy...

How much was it? :p

Eggie86;625888 said:
Trip to MV beckons. :driver:

Hehe. MPH/Borders?

No lah. One of the small news shop on the lower ground floor I think. Somewhere close to centre court.

Here it is:

NZ Magazine Centre

Telephone
03 2287 2000

Lot LG013, Lower Ground Floor (Newstand & Money Changer)
T036B, Third Floor

nzmag2.jpg

haywire;625895 said:
No lah. One of the small news shop on the lower ground floor I think. Somewhere close to centre court.

Here it is:

NZ Magazine Centre

Telephone
03 2287 2000

Lot LG013, Lower Ground Floor (Newstand & Money Changer)
T036B, Third Floor

nzmag2.jpg

Thanks Haywire. I know where it is already. :top:

Must be a good read!

Anyways, thanks for the clarification on the SMG earlier.

u guys wait la, i'll make my gear change everytime i press the horn...no need to have paddle pop..hehe..

then i should sell my car and buy the double vanos version to join the club..haha

Top Bottom