E38.. alarm went bonkers..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

alantiong

Club Guest
Guys.. this is one of those demon that makes me pull my hair.Alarm goes of whenever it feels like it.. no pattern no sequence..all door locked checked..boot switch checked..bonnet switch check..motion sensor .. taken out..tilt sensor disarmed..battery .. tip top..remove fuse 56 and 58.. so call anti theft.. but it still activate when i locked the carwhat the hell did i miss??even if i lock with key, the alarm still arms. so no way to not activate and lock the car.. till i figure out.. get my wife to sit in the car while i get out.. get her to lock the car from inside... then get out on passenger side.. and manually push the lock down before closing. ..real pain..loosing sleep here.. HELP!!any suggestion very much welcome..

alantiong;809463 said:
Guys.. this is one of those demon that makes me pull my hair.

Alarm goes of whenever it feels like it.. no pattern no sequence..

all door locked checked..
boot switch checked..
bonnet switch check..
motion sensor .. taken out..
tilt sensor disarmed..
battery .. tip top..
remove fuse 56 and 58.. so call anti theft.. but it still activate when i locked the car

what the hell did i miss??

even if i lock with key, the alarm still arms. so no way to not activate and lock the car.. till i figure out.. get my wife to sit in the car while i get out.. get her to lock the car from inside... then get out on passenger side.. and manually push the lock down before closing. ..real pain..

loosing sleep here.. HELP!!

any suggestion very much welcome..

Guys.....any idea for our friend here???

Tqvm :):)

did you forgot to check the door's latch where the switch is located ? usually it faults due to age/contact... try isolating it.

another thing can be the battery going down...less current..

Yeah try diconnect the boot alarm switch first...if the alarm does not go off then its that. Happened to me too.

How did you check it last time?

Done all the switches by hoking up to GT I and do function test. Semua pass.... I cabut the alarm fuse pun still goes off...

Now after further read ups, they mention siren comes with internal battery and will set off if the voltage drop due to bad battery.. RM760.. celaka expensive. And that is not even confirm the issue.

Went ard chopshop to look for e46, e38, e39, x5, x3.... all cannot find the siren..

Part number 65 75 83 83 153.

Anyone come across please give me a buzz.

Adoi!!!

Have u checked the tilt sensor? It came with some liquid inside and if the sensors got problem, it will trigger the alarm. Another quick way is by disabling the sensor by pressing the lock button twice within few seconds. The first time is to lock, then quickly press it again and u can see the alarm led to remain lid and u can release it. I did mine and solved it temporarily.

Have you tried to actually disconnect the switch?

alantiong;809659 said:
Done all the switches by hoking up to GT I and do function test. Semua pass.... I cabut the alarm fuse pun still goes off...

Now after further read ups, they mention siren comes with internal battery and will set off if the voltage drop due to bad battery.. RM760.. celaka expensive. And that is not even confirm the issue.

Went ard chopshop to look for e46, e38, e39, x5, x3.... all cannot find the siren..

Part number 65 75 83 83 153.

Anyone come across please give me a buzz.

Adoi!!!

YaZmEeN;809912 said:
Have u checked the tilt sensor? It came with some liquid inside and if the sensors got problem, it will trigger the alarm. Another quick way is by disabling the sensor by pressing the lock button twice within few seconds. The first time is to lock, then quickly press it again and u can see the alarm led to remain lid and u can release it. I did mine and solved it temporarily.

Done that bro!

I used to have the same issue and replacement of the bonnet switch did the trick. The old switch was not faulty but it's just overly sensitive/loose.

alantiong;810101 said:
Done that too!

When you scan the ZKE module, what error code did you get? When I scan mine, I got the follow error.
ZKE -> 41/01 - Anti-theft alarm system: Tilt alarm sensor
Shadow-memory:
8A/25 - Alarm memory: Radio interior protection
88/01 - Alarm memory: Hood

bro....yes on the internal battery of the siren assy.a fren had sleepless nights when it decided to wail at 3am as and when it likes.since it's blardy expensive like u said....he merely disconnected it and called it a day.the central lock and alarm still works but now the car bisu lar......the siren located in the rh rear wheel well.have to remove the plastic splash guard for access....errr this is for the e39....e38 maybe the same location?

moots;810171 said:
bro....yes on the internal battery of the siren assy.a fren had sleepless nights when it decided to wail at 3am as and when it likes.since it's blardy expensive like u said....he merely disconnected it and called it a day.the central lock and alarm still works but now the car bisu lar......the siren located in the rh rear wheel well.have to remove the plastic splash guard for access....errr this is for the e39....e38 maybe the same location?

took it out today and lets see how. i have ordered one from ebay for 30 pounds.

sigh!

when i scan.. apa pun tarak!

jarance;810116 said:
When you scan the ZKE module, what error code did you get? When I scan mine, I got the follow error.
ZKE -> 41/01 - Anti-theft alarm system: Tilt alarm sensor
Shadow-memory:
8A/25 - Alarm memory: Radio interior protection
88/01 - Alarm memory: Hood

Top Bottom