e36 problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mrvendetta009

Club Guest
can anyone give me an idea on how to solve my e36 year 1996 problem?? everytime i drive, it causely like to stop the engine, rpm goes down, and a little bit vibrate. what is it ar? how to solve it?

sounds like air flow meter problem. small matter. just send it to the mech and get it cleaned out. too much carborn. may also be your AFM needs replacement. second hand AFM cost approx 500-700 bucks. brand new about 2K plus if not mistaken. hope this info helps.

Do introduce yourself in the newbies thread under general forums. its always better to ask questions when people know who you are.

cheers!

Hahhaa... there the start of the headache...

Sorry bro.. its like H1N1 once it has started very hard to end it

My E36 did experienced the same thing. Changed 2nd hand AFM but the same problem reoccured after a few months. My mechanic told me that if ur car engine suddenly stop, try to let it cool down then try restart again. Or give the AFM a knock. The AFM seems like a common problem for E36. I didnt change the AFM the 2nd time but service it whenever the vibration get serious.

I have the same Airflow problem. When to Klang famous spare parts...very hard to get replacement based on P/N. Try and the problems re - appreared again after a month. Went for 3x and what they did just clean up the Air flow. Now, I do it myself as by spraying WD40 at the gate. This should solve the problem temporary. Tension..tension... so the problem keeps on going on/off but not severe...last unit were worst as my RPM doesn't drops when it should change the gear (mine is auto..). Minyak ..koyak beb.. At least this is better. Tha air flow light only turns On when stops at the traffic lights or junction. JAdi macam kete org tua...berat nak mampos.. Then change to 2nd gear to move the 'heavy' m/c. .. My problem is kedai potong couldn't get the parts easily as mine is 93 model... nasib..nasib..

I believe the M40 or M43 AFM can still be purchased. Find the correct sparepart shops and you can find the AFM hovering RM 1.5k. And yes, it will solve your idling issue and you will fiond your car suddenly very responsive.

Top Bottom