E36 ori HU missing pixels - repair or change?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

han2u

Club Guest
Hi all,Happy CNY to all. My HU is the original Blaupunkt Casablanca CM62. Unfortunately it has lost pixels (see pic). Very ugly la. Other than that it is still functioning normally. Do you guys think it can be repaired or should I chuck it for a new one. Currently it blends with the rest of the dashboard (amber lights and all). I notice most new HUs come with white/blue lighting. Preferably I would like to maintain the Blaupunkt brand but seems hard to find. The Nokia speakers also bocor already so might as well change together. Any advice is much appreciated.
IMG-20120120-00623.jpg

Han,

There are some techinicians who can repair the display but it is depended on the parts availablity. older players harder to get. if you dont mind the wait then can lo. if you want the orange colour still got some players with that colour display. Blaupunkts newer models if i am not mistaken dont have this sort of colour display anymore.

well for a 16 years old player and speakers i think you definately ROI already and about time to give new life to your baby voice :)
Just be warn e36 abit tricky in terms of getting the speakers sizes. tweeter is actually at the door needs to do some custom fit into the holder. midbass is actually at the kick panel aka your leg area. original Nokia is actually 5 1/4 inch size. Can fit in 6 1/2 inch but very tight and only some can fit.
go shop around and test out first

cheers

hey han
sorry to hear ur prob....
juz sharing...im driving a gonna be 18yr old e36 with still the ori HU. Fortunately mine is still fine, and I wouldnt wanna trade it with the newer ones as well...
Good luck

i'd change to a used BMW Business CD player of that generation. also made by Blaupunkt. CD43 i think. still blends with dash, but looks nicer and got rds. almost always on ebay.

I have the Blaunpunkt Casablanca CM62. Taken out from my E36 as I prefer to have a CD. PM me if interested

crusher;715888 said:
I have the Blaunpunkt Casablanca CM62. Taken out from my E36 as I prefer to have a CD. PM me if interested

Crusher I tried to PM you but ur inbox is full.Do you still have the Blaunpunkt Casablanca CM62? How much RM u want to let go?

Hi Crusher,
I heard that there is this guy named Sam..(Previuosly from Blaupunkt KL). I'm also trying to contact him but..don't have his contact details. Sigh. Hope you will have another contact. Regards, jc

crusher;714885 said:
I may have it, check tonite.

Top Bottom