E36 Idle problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I'm with jarance, been xperianced it, found a few cracks on the vacuum hose aka the air filter hose. fixed it with silicon adhesive glue, solved the problem. Got extra money then have to change new
Good Luck with it.

hi...i still new in bwm..i want buy a e36 318...normaly what should i check b4 buy it...

rokuman;237520 said:
hi...i still new in bwm..i want buy a e36 318...normaly what should i check b4 buy it...

undercarriage!
body!
interior!
rust!
gearbox? kira nasib!
the rest spent on repairing to make it better!

afm

idling problem
check your air flow meter and icv. i kena before mine afm the valve stuck due to years of dust build up, i've opened and cleaned it with fine polishing paper don't forget to apply silicone to seal. for the icv it also might suffer years of carbon build up- soak it in petrol/benzene and clean it ,

Kingrat,
Do you mind sharing with the rest what was the actual cause to your problem? Thanks.

Kingrat,

I experience the similiar problems last week. Problem lies with the vacuum hose and also engine tune.

Please share with us your solution ya..

Cheers

Bmw E36 Idle Problem

BRO,

Check your vacuum hoses and Crankcase Breather Valve. I changed these for my ride. Now, everything has gone back to normal. Don't forget to clean your overall intake system.

Good luck.

Sounds like your AFM...the next time ur engine dies on you, remove the AFM and check if the flap pop's back if u poke it a few times with a screw driver..but if tht fails, do as Mont-O said..."just ketuk ketuk the unit then it's will okay"....tht works fine also...:) good luck!

bro ,
you can also check your exhaust system . mine had some micro crack near the intake . went for welding & change the gasket . RM80 .

good luck !

Top Bottom