E36 door rubber HELP !

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Ichan .. c22 molding rubbers are thicker and its gonna be a tough call for you on this ...even how hard ya slam ya door at times water can sip in too...

Try to hunt them down in the local chop shops ya ...

IMHO ...not every cheap item works ya ..

ICEMAN 68;818724 said:
Ichan .. c22 molding rubbers are thicker and its gonna be a tough call for you on this ...even how hard ya slam ya door at times water can sip in too...

Try to hunt them down in the local chop shops ya ...

IMHO ...not every cheap item works ya ..

Since he's also doing it on his e34... I think I might disagree on the water sipping in part. Since it's a bit thicker, it sills the door tighter on my car.

But on your last point, yes not every cheap item works. That's why you have to do a lot of research before you commit on something.

lchan;818719 said:
hi Lylia,

Thanks for your help. However, there is no way I could close my door using those rubber seals. When I put them against the original, they are almost double the height actually.
Can you take a few pictures and show me on your car? I have a darn good feeling the shop gave me the wrong seals.

thanks heaps!

I'm sorry, I just read your post, and now it's 1.15am. too dark too take picture... but the door rubber on my car looks EXACTLY like this.. And I assure you on that.
DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

So I hope your rubber looks the same too.

And this is the link I trusted before I embark on this replacement. http://www.autojunctions.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=504&Itemid=1

Hi Lylia....don't worry...lol...I figured out what I did wrong!. thanks anyways!

I am such an idiot!....

Iylia H;818728 said:
I'm sorry, I just read your post, and now it's 1.15am. too dark too take picture... but the door rubber on my car looks EXACTLY like this.. And I assure you on that.
DSC_0747.jpg

DSC_0748.jpg

DSC_0752.jpg

And this is the link I trusted before I embark on this replacement. http://www.autojunctions.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=504&Itemid=1

yes this the weather strip that I use before on my Fiat 124 ST...
we can buy it according to meters then after fitting will cut the extras...

Mind sharing what has u done wrong, for benefit of others who are going to pursue this diy?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

Hi guys,

I also need to DIY. Mind sharing where I can buy the c22 vanette sliding door rubber seal?

I'm in KL/PJ area.

Thanks in advance.

KingLazy;822640 said:
Hi guys,

I also need to DIY. Mind sharing where I can buy the c22 vanette sliding door rubber seal?

I'm in KL/PJ area.

Thanks in advance.

You could try sea park/paramount there. alot of spare parts shops. Or if you want i have one NEW un used. bought it wanted to change for my e36, but it does not fit nicely. Sell you cheap cheap rm20 k haha.

SO the vanettes rubber seals doesnt fit E36 nicely then??

I'm planning to do it on my E36, but if it doesn't fit then no point?:(

KingLazy;822692 said:
SO the vanettes rubber seals doesnt fit E36 nicely then??

I'm planning to do it on my E36, but if it doesn't fit then no point?:(
it fits the frame but it leaves a gap its like for the inner cabin, as the door rubber for the e36 is quite thick (imo) I suggest spend the money and get the ori ones, Rm265 or 270 for the front ones from Stuttgart and rm 240-250 for the back ones from Stuttgard (PER SIDE) pretty damn expensive la. but Beemer - banyak makan wang. :D

Top Bottom