E36 coupe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GOBBI_21

Club Guest
Hi to all sifu , im planning to buy a e36 320 coupe .... since im new to bmw family . i would like to know if it is accessible to get the car parts and body parts .. and how is the engine and gearbox .. does it has any problem ... how much would the FC cost .. and as for speed will i need to cry if a myvi overtake me at 180km..hehe thank you ..

I have one, wifey is driving it, I would recommend that you go for a 325 for additional power.

FC so so, full tank 450kms, mine I have overhauled the engine. Why coupe bro, any particular reason?

Great idea! An E36 coupe is destined to be a classic! however, if you are getting one, be prepared to put aside some money for touch ups...to be fair, any old cars need extra TLC :) E36s,especially hard driven ones, need attention to the rear subframe mounting points as well as the rear suspension mounting points. They tend to be fragile...mine developed cracks when i first got my E36. Highly recommended to get reinforcement plates for E36 and get the chassis beefed up...an even more so if u r planning to put in more power in the future. As for the rest of the running gears, hmm...anything which will wear and tear needs a thorough look through. Hope this helps!

beemer04;510617 said:
FC so so, full tank 450kms, mine I have overhauled the engine. Why coupe bro, any particular reason?

actually i love 2 door cars ... plus my all time fav is bmw and mercs ...
i got through with this 2 door e36 which is well cheap and looks ... feel in love straight away ..
so thought of going through here before i buy it ... how is the maintenance factor for the car ..

whitecar;510630 said:
Great idea! An E36 coupe is destined to be a classic! however, if you are getting one, be prepared to put aside some money for touch ups...to be fair, any old cars need extra TLC :) E36s,especially hard driven ones, need attention to the rear subframe mounting points as well as the rear suspension mounting points. They tend to be fragile...mine developed cracks when i first got my E36. Highly recommended to get reinforcement plates for E36 and get the chassis beefed up...an even more so if u r planning to put in more power in the future. As for the rest of the running gears, hmm...anything which will wear and tear needs a thorough look through. Hope this helps!

thanks for the usefull tips ..
well the one i saw is stock standard .. but needed some touch ups here and there since its a a classic ...
im just worried if there is much enough power and FC ..... wat is the hp for the stock engine .. any idea ..

Top Bottom