E36 Cobra Alarm and Central Locking

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anaksarawak

Official Member
Need help..I was curious to check out the reset key.. so I have my alarm reset.Ever since, my shock sensor and movement sensor is not working but the car will still lock and unlock. The alarm will still trigger if I manually open the car with key when the alarm is armed.Anyone knows the programming guide of the Cobra system? Hope to do it myself as not worth to pay the pro to do such simple program task.Thanks

Get hold of a copy of the alarm system instruction manual, and read it... It explains quite a bit of things.

I got the car secondhand and do not have the system instruction manual...

Anyone got one??

Yes, ask around, shouldn't be too difficult in Klang Valley, thousands of E36, unlike here on this strange island. I too had to photocopy a set for myself.

geoff.. go to Damansara uptown, the second shop next to the tyre shop(facing OCBC) same row as TM point.. they are the original installer for your alarm, they will fix it for u, they will also help you obtain the manual.. quite cheap too and very professional guys.. did there when my alarm kaput..save me money also..

regards.

Go to COBRA tmn Tun, they will settle for you. shop lot opposite of petrol stn.

Mont-o;214519 said:
Go to COBRA tmn Tun, they will settle for you. shop lot opposite of petrol stn.

I have called them.. the lady said it cant be done.. as they dont have the manual:mad:

pussy;212800 said:
geoff.. go to Damansara uptown, the second shop next to the tyre shop(facing OCBC) same row as TM point.. they are the original installer for your alarm, they will fix it for u, they will also help you obtain the manual.. quite cheap too and very professional guys.. did there when my alarm kaput..save me money also..

regards.

Thanks.. Will try to go there..

cobra alarm

geoffreylee;214702 said:
Mine is 1997 (Jan) :)

Your remote control is one button with 3 function.
1) ON/OFF
2) Panic - press and hold on to the button on ON mode to activate siren for you to search your car in a crowded car park.
3) Deactivate the sonic sensor(L & R on front top pillar) press and hold on the button on OFF mode to deactivate the interior sensor.
The small key to the glove compartment is to deactivate the whole alarm system should your remote control fail to function (weak battery or frequency out)
Hope this will help

machinehead;214817 said:
3) Deactivate the sonic sensor(L & R on front top pillar) press and hold on the button on OFF mode to deactivate the interior sensor.

Thanks so much.. it is very helpful

On number 3 (To deactivate), but how to activate it then?

Many Thanks

Cobra alarm

To activate must be on OFF mode and press once and beep twice. For deactivation
the beep is 5 times.

woo..that's very good info on item 2&3 which i never know....go back home time must try!!!

Mine E36 318I, I've the Mamba-Elite user manual.

I experienced twice the system deactivated. I read it but don't really understand the procedure.

Then after few days I tried to press & found that it was activated again!

Top Bottom