e36 cabriolet rear suspension system...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EuJax

Club Guest
Dear all,I have been intending to change the absorbers and springs of my ride. However, i have heard some different opinions and am still puzzled. Cut story short, some told me the rear suspension of cabriolet is different thus need to look for the right one for cabriolet, others told me they are the same as the sedans.I intend to just change to Bilstein b8, and was thinking if its possible to do so without changing the coil springs? Am currently running on all stock standard BMW settings. Appreciate your advise. Thanks.Regards

If you are planning to run stock springs, then it is recommended to go B6 as it was designed for stock spring. B8 was designed for sports spring as the length of the shaft are different.

You are right. The original springs and shocks for the cab is different due the additional weight at this rear. Even this absorber mount is different. The original springs for the normal one is totally different. Even the bilstein abs is different for this model. Sobuy carefully.

Thank u slyder and puss. Appreciate your info. Will look it up.

Meanwhile, keep the info coming if any of you guys have any experience to share. Thanks!

Regards

Top Bottom