E36 318

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kacman

Club Guest
GreetingsFinally I finished reading Anxious's thread (My E36 experience) and shall I say; Boy that was a helluva journey. I had a pretty similar experience with my 'deported' 306 Peug which I've driven for 8 years. Bloody French bas***d. After 4 years, I even swapped the engine with a 4G-63T VR4 turbo :eek: (interesting eh? It was - damn powerful, it was not - wiring nightmare, broken turbo once and engine seizure once) :stupid:. But the handling was simply fantastic. Anyways, I'm a newbie here and just got myself an old 1993 E36 318 from a desperate friend. Bought it cash (24K OTR), that means no hutang every month. Not bad for a 15 yrs old car though; c/w M3 bodykit, neat interior and a 16in wheels. It is for my project car; no this time it aint gonna be some mix-breed project no more. I've changed all the bushes, front brake discs + pads, lower arm, ball joints, wheel bearings and what not. The list goes on, but doesn't cost me a bomb (yet).Being power monger I am (the reason for the VR4 swap), I'm quickly disillusioned with the M40 (or was it M42) sub-par performance. I blamed a buddy of mine who owned a 325. I'm opened to any suggestion. Btw, I currently reside in KBatas, Penang (Mainland).Danke

bro ,

i can relate to you ...barely after a month i got my car , i did get a chance
to test drive a 325 . OMG ! I practically bang my head a few times against
the dash . should have gotten the 325 if not the 328 !

attached below are some good links ( 2nd one is "donated" by astroboy - thanks )
for your homework but then again i heard it's quite a hassel now to do an engine upgrade / transplant . have to go tru putrajaya & then puspakom .

http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/enumber.html

http://www.bmwheaven.com/component/o...nc,bkbengines/

happy modding !

Megat

Thx for the info. When I do have enough fulus would I go for the transplant. Meantime, I'll just enjoy the comfort ride and banging my head against the dashboard every time any Kancil/Saga/Myvi/Iswara/Wira overtake me at traffic lights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a strong advocate of this stupid racing stuff. Just wanna enjoy the juicy power, which I'm lacking right now.

kacman;348741 said:
Megat

Thx for the info. When I do have enough fulus would I go for the transplant. Meantime, I'll just enjoy the comfort ride and banging my head against the dashboard every time any Kancil/Saga/Myvi/Iswara/Wira overtake me at traffic lights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a strong advocate of this stupid racing stuff. Just wanna enjoy the juicy power, which I'm lacking right now.

i know ...just play it cool at the traffic light & pretend that you are just
cruising & listening to the music ! he he he .

but actually , it's not that bad . have you tried the sports mode yet ?
also do you know that there's a "secret" button under the gas pedal ?
you have max the pedal & then you depress the pedal again - very hard !
it like's an overdrive function . :top:

De.. ! S50 / S52 eng ok beb .Use manual trans no smg or steptronic...

megatniza;348751 said:
i know ...just play it cool at the traffic light & pretend that you are just
cruising & listening to the music ! he he he .

but actually , it's not that bad . have you tried the sports mode yet ?
also do you know that there's a "secret" button under the gas pedal ?
you have max the pedal & then you depress the pedal again - very hard !
it like's an overdrive function . :top:

Hehe.. will do that. Then again, the sports mode still lembap la. Guess I'll have to live with it, for a while wohoo

pwm;348756 said:
De.. ! S50 / S52 eng ok beb .Use manual trans no smg or steptronic...

Bro, eng tu so big la. We're bounded with this 30% displacement regulation, so the most I can go is 2.4 liter. That means no M52B25 or anything similar, tsk tsk. S14 mebbe can la, but it's from E30 model not sure can fit or not. My bet is M50B52 or M43B18. But if I can get the S14 (old M3 2.3 eng = >200hp), sure kow one..

kacman,
i'll be happy to let u test on my 328 but then, I have to charge you 0.40cents per km.... maybe from your house in k.batas to my house in kulim...he he he

Seriously bro, M52 6 pots is darn powerful even without the 'S' mode turned on but the trade-off is the high fuel consumption. So, do consider this also and not only the power it can give you. Just my 2 cents.

p/s: I did banged my head to the dashboard also for 2 reasons....
one, feel so happy when sometime smoked the accord 2.2, V6, camry etc. secondly, so sad when paklah announced the fuel price increased...lol..

Bro Mie

328 eh? Hehe.. sure mantap giler. Already tested the 325, yours apalagi.
Btw, having a second thought, I'll live through it. Modiifcation/Upgrading would be head scratching I guess. Its fine to bang my head for every Wiralution/Myvi sarcastic smile once the traffic light goes green.

Btw, stick with your 328 bro. Get yourself a nice scooter (like me) to curb the bloody Lah syndrome heheh

Top Bottom