e34 drive shaft

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
the LH inboard cv joint rubber boot was found torn.bought replacement boot - rm38/piece which includes a circlip,rubber boot metal clamping ring and grease.took 3 hours to diy.1. remove the whole drive shaft (or half shaft) from car using 10mm allen key2. remove cover at end of cv joint.3. remove circlip (circlip plier required)4. remove cv joint5. remove damaged rubber boot.6. clean old grease from cv joint.7. slide in new boot8. slide in new cv joint.9. secure circlip10. apply grease11. replace cover at end of cv joint12. secure boot with metal clamps (quite difficult)note:apply grease AFTER mounting cv joint on shaft and NOT b4 or otherwise it will get messy with grease all over.

Bang Moots,
Where did you bought the boots for 38/pc ? This is what they quote me

BA - $210/pc
Orto - $80/pc
Hupsoon - S$38/pc

Mine one crack already and need to be change.

rgds.

bradder.. wahhh this oso diy, till midnite sumeore ?? ur neighbor dont make domestic disturbance call to police aar ??? wahhh lidis how lar ammmeng of mm-spit wanna cari makan..his shop open till 7pm.. but urs thru midnite :D

Originally posted by fish@Mar 10 2005, 04:00 PM
Bang Moots,
Where did you bought the boots for 38/pc ? This is what they quote me

BA - $210/pc
Orto - $80/pc
Hupsoon - S$38/pc

Mine one crack already and need to be change.

rgds.
bang ikan,
mines a '90 520i.it's rm38/piece at BA in SS2.it was rm40/piece when i bought it for the rh side last year february.

if your car model is > '91 with m50 engine,then the boot is different and probably the price differs as well...... :dunno:

Bang Moots,

Etk is showing same part no for m20 & m50 boots. Nevermind lo ,
Thanks btw .

Top Bottom