E34 Car Manual/signal indicator

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

natasha

Club Guest
:heeeelllllooooo:Hi,Anyone know where I can get 520i manual or at least what the signals on the meter represent.Just fixed my car aircond but now the temperature is rising like hell and there's a red indicator. Looks like tyres with rectangle edges.

I have an owner's manual e34 with me, but I cannot find the signed that you pictured....:cool:

I have 2 manual ,1993,1994 version ,you signed not in list
smil483c3bd1d591a.gif

hey, i'm curious.. natasha, could you please photograpgh the indicator mentioned and post it here?

i goggled it...one comment about the fault was
"It looks like a Circle with dash's around the outside (3). It is also red. It is to the left of the E-brake light. (i think)".

One of the response to that was

"Sounds like the brake lining warning indicator. Time to check/change your brake pads or look for a faulty sensor. "

wonder how true is that...did you send your BM to a workshop to check?

SuperCharger;446654 said:
anyone wanna sell the manual?

Waa this one collectors item, where got people sell one. Maybe you can contact Anakin for a photostat version, heheheee.

buzzlie;446845 said:
Waa this one collectors item, where got people sell one. Maybe you can contact Anakin for a photostat version, heheheee.

I remember download it somewhere some times back..try google ....

anakin;446439 said:
I have an owner's manual e34 with me, but I cannot find the signed that you pictured....:cool:

Urm, it's round with rectangle edges, around the circle. I tried to google but could not find similar pic of the indicator. NVM, will take pic and upload it when I get home.

GT-E34;446454 said:
I have 2 manual ,1993,1994 version ,you signed not in list
smil483c3bd1d591a.gif

My car 1994 , will take some pic of the indicator when I get home. BTW, where did u get the manuals.

natasha;446942 said:
My car 1994 , will take some pic of the indicator when I get home. BTW, where did u get the manuals.

Ok could not sleep so did some googling - bmw warning lights, I think it's this sign:

25490d1177433731-warning-lights-1997-328i-fortehn00b_01.jpg

Hmm..brake pads..weird thing it was not there before I fix the aircond!

Can car temperature rise because of the brake pads? Excuse my ignorance eyy

That sign means you would need to check on your brake fluid level and the brake pads.. Could be a faulty sensor too.
Since after doing the aircond and your car temperature started to rise, have the air-cond fan checked. It should work on 2 speed.

OK latest update.

Sent my carto mechanic for the temperature problem.

No indication of engine heating,no sizzling sound or boiling sound. He
1. Changed the temperature switch (cost about RM100 plus). Ok at first but after sometime still temperature metre showing up very high.
2.Check wiring-OK thermostat OK
3. Now he is trying to find meter switch to test if the meter switch is not working correctly. Hard to find liao..
Will update the progress..

Bye,
natasha

Top Bottom