E34 - any idea on alternative to Odometer?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lance

Club Guest
Hi guys,Sorry to start another similar topic (but not exactly the same).Reason: Only my odometer is broken in my instrument cluster ... the gears break so easily ... sigh.Would like to hear from members who have alternative methods of calculating their mileage.I heard that Japanese RSM meters does not work with continentals and GPS (like GAMIN) is not very accurate/reliable.Does any member have any ideas* or better yet, using a good alternative method right now?Thanx guys ...* short of ... using pen and paper and logging each day's rough mileage ... doh!

GPS is accurate to 10 to 50 meter...

IMHO, the best solution is to repair the gear of the odometer and rely on the fuel meter..

Yellow light comes, time to fill up...

u can use gps to know what speed you are doing..
i have tested the gps on several cars,the speed that the gps shows is less 5km/h compared to car's odometer
the only problem when using gps is where u cant see the sky(tunnel or basement, etc)

Hi guys ... thanx for the tips ...

Anyway ... am keen to keep tab on my mileage for service interval (oil changes, etc) and major parts replacement (timing belt, etc). My speedometer, rev. counter, fuel gauge, everything else is ok.

: )

Speedometer works OK, but my odometer is stuck on 300,000 km, . . . is there a secret switch somewhere to reset?

Top Bottom