e34 aircond blower

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
means in order to access d filter have to open d dashboard?

hmm..sounds a lotta work to me..wil try opening it later..

Dude, is your engine a M50 or M20? If M20 there is no microfilter. Anyway, to remove the microfilter, its not that difficult. Basically you need to remove the lower panel (beside your left leg). The microfilter will be visible, what you need to do is to pull it out sideways, if you are a good DIY person, can easily do it in less than 15 minutes. Btw, the microfilter is not cheap nowadays, about RM 130. Just changed mine last month and this filter get clogged up pretty fast.

Rgds

Originally posted by zackertashia@Jun 28 2005, 05:02 PM
mine is M50..warh,darn rm130 ar?kenot clean it n reuse eh?
Not recommend to clean it. better to use a new one as it last quite a long time.

Advantage is better air flow from AC blower and prevent the dirt from getting into the cooling fins of the AC. You might end up paying Rm1xxx to change the cooling fins or coil if it corroded due to the dirt trapped in the fins.

juz found tis thread, question here:

I also got weak air-flow coming out the vent when in No.1,2,3(weakest, weaker,weak), however No.4 is strong enough(but too noisy so i always switch maximum to No.3 but the air-flow is small, even my previous proton iswara is much much better), mine is M20 though, so i suppose dun hav the so called microfilter right?

How to fix tat? Apart from sending my car to a/c shop if is easy enough to DIY. Thx all!!!

morpheus5039;406884 said:
juz found tis thread, question here:

I also got weak air-flow coming out the vent when in No.1,2,3(weakest, weaker,weak), however No.4 is strong enough(but too noisy so i always switch maximum to No.3 but the air-flow is small, even my previous proton iswara is much much better), mine is M20 though, so i suppose dun hav the so called microfilter right?

How to fix tat? Apart from sending my car to a/c shop if is easy enough to DIY. Thx all!!!

i think you sword is about to go. in older e34, the sword is the one controlling the blower...

skinhead;408399 said:
i think you sword is about to go. in older e34, the sword is the one controlling the blower...

thx for your reply! yeah, sometimes i also have the symtom like no air blow out @ No.1,2,3, after switching to No.4 then switch back the blower return to normal state, so more possible like "sword" problem right???

Anyway, do you know how much apporximately to change these "sword" thingy???

Juz found out it also called Blower resister A\C Limit Switch
like the picture below right???

You can check with Albert Fang 012-2017792 (WP Auto) in Pandan Indah. He helped me sort out my E34 A/C problem.

Quite a knowledgeable & resourceful mechanic. Search the forum, there are some good feedback about his services.

morpheus5039;408427 said:
thx for your reply! yeah, sometimes i also have the symtom like no air blow out @ No.1,2,3, after switching to No.4 then switch back the blower return to normal state, so more possible like "sword" problem right???

Anyway, do you know how much apporximately to change these "sword" thingy???

Juz found out it also called Blower resister A\C Limit Switch
like the picture below right???

ive repaired moots' old e34 sword b4. i still hv it wit me if you wanna swap. 2nd hand sword should be few hundred now.

Vincent Hor;408456 said:
You can check with Albert Fang 012-2017792 (WP Auto) in Pandan Indah. He helped me sort out my E34 A/C problem.

Quite a knowledgeable & resourceful mechanic. Search the forum, there are some good feedback about his services.

thx bro, been doing spring swap last time in his shop, nice guy indeed:top:

skinhead;408467 said:
ive repaired moots' old e34 sword b4. i still hv it wit me if you wanna swap. 2nd hand sword should be few hundred now.

thx bro!
can be repaired? bro u r doing a/c thing???how much if i swap my sword with u? pm me thx!

Vincent Hor;408456 said:

Thanks Dude.....Thats what we want......good ol guy to sayang our E34s......So Bro, after the SPA treatment.......what are the changes in your A/C?? Like North Pole??....Coz my blower also same........1,2 & 3 betul weak.......ahh 4 sure ok....But still not cold enuf.......so i hope Albert Fang will kautim our problems.......Yiipieeee.....Hahaha:wink::wink:............shall visit him if around Pandan Indah........

I plan to service my a/c this holiday by washing those vents and cooling coil etc internally, then change the expansion valve and receiver dryer to see whether helps the air flow not.....

i also find my heater only works for center left, center right will not come out hot air :stupid:

Top Bottom