e34 - A Cry For Help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wildgunsr

Club Guest
Hello Bros,Been aeon since i last posted here. Usual la, come here to cry for help...Ok,Got a e34 sometime ago, suspected cut spring (no space bet wheel&arch), but new shocks. so happily driving away la. Now its time to change the shocks&springs, it's got so bad, that other things are falling apart because of the bloody suspensions.Since I'm a very young man (just shush and let me pretend la) caught in this cut throat world of inflations and lousy spending power, I'm going back to all original, original shocks and springs...till the day where I can land my butt on a chair, get up, and look at where I'm sitting and see crisp RM100 notes....Since I suspect everything about the shocks are bust, I need an idea what are the things that I might be looking at to change. I've changed the thrust, control and steering arms before and that vertical thingy that has two ball joints at each end "pointing" different directions (what's it called, i can't recall now, there goes my young man BS). BUT, i won't be too suprised (heartbroken definitely, maybe even suicidal) if I had to change them.I can get the original springs fr the cut shop with no prob, at least that was last time la. fingers crossed I'll be able to source it with lil effort, again.I would also appreciate feedback whether I should get the parts myself fr AB or let my mech have a look at it first then let them order? Either option has it pros and cons la. any cheaper places? Think cheap and good. Just let me bask in my naivity la, good things can still come cheap :p. comparatively speaking la.What I would really appreciate feedback is:1. What are the things I shld expect when changing the shocks (e.g. mounts, upper and lower spring pads, shaft protection tubes, and compression absorbers)2. Shld I get all these by myself first for added cost savings or leave everything to the mech3. I go to two mech, one in USJ1 and one in TAR, Cheras, regulars shld now which one I'm talking about, which one would be a better bet in terms of value for money and experties, i'm deciding between these two, and so far TAR has not dissapoint me yet? I'm in no way free plugging for anyone, and i'm not sure how talking bout one ws and another is looked upon in this forum, but i'll appreciate ANY feedback. heck, even if you can recommend one who's can give me value for money or/and knows his stuff about BMW suspensions by all means, i'm all ears....Warmest Regards

PM couple of forumers, they will help you..

in my opinion, get some info on some of the parts that you need to change, the suspension on the e34 is very extensive developed by BMW, hence changing a few parts won't work, did you know that the front suspension of the e34 has 14 ball joints in total, and the e30 has only 6 !! that's why the e34 is supereb comfortable car to drive..

change the following:
1. asorber top mounts - Rm550.00 each ouch!
2. spring pads - RM30.00 each for set of 4 nos required
3. asorber bump stop - RM28.00 each, need 2 nos
4. asorber cover for the strut - RM30.00 each, need 2 nos
5. new set of front/rear springs RM1k ?
6. lower arm alloy - RM280.00 each
7. upper arm - RM260.00 each
8. upper arm bush - RM80.00 each
9. steering tie-rods links - RM120.00 each ?
10. center link - RM280.00, 1 no.
11. left 'follower' arm bush RM ?
12. Asobers, bilstein or boge RM 280.00 each..

hopefully you can gauge it ? the prices are almost estimation of what i know.

regards.

good luck wildgunsr after seeing the list from pussy..........cheers UDM

Hello Pussy,

THanks for the advise. Basically I'll be changing boge abs (and the four yellowish thingy and four round black plastic tubes), springs and upper and lower arms.

Where do you get your stuff? Any idea how much is the labour charge to change the above mentioned?

I was quoted RM200 for the labour charge, is that reasonable?

Regards

come meet the sifus at TT,
better yet come join them for seafood this saturday..still not too late..
there u can ask all the questions in the world..
good luck bro

yup, asman is right.. meet for the outing or tt.. then we can help u not to waste money..

RM200.00 labour is cheap, but make sure they know what are doing..

Where did you fix your absorber?

Can you tell me where did you fix your absorder for RM200 and how much was you quoted for the BOGE and BILSTEIN?

Thanks

wildgunsr, i got 2 front absorber mounts & used ori absorbers for front and rears.

Pls pm me if you are interested..

Thanks.

Top Bottom