E34,24v used engine, how much?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Don Franco

Club Guest
Guys,My cylinder head had a fine crack and was adviced by my mech to change to another cylnder head , all in with labour max RM3k. he also suggested that I could change to a E34 24v engine ( i have a M20, 12v) he is charging RM13K with instalation. I feel that his price for the 24v is way too expensive. I had advice from other buddies that i just buy a half cut which is much cheaper. would appreciate some feedback.thanksfranco

Hei,Bro,your M20cyclinder head crack ?my friend got m20 cyclinder had ,If you intrested?pls PM me.thanks.

Don Franco;221036 said:
Guys,

My cylinder head had a fine crack and was adviced by my mech to change to another cylnder head , all in with labour max RM3k. he also suggested that I could change to a E34 24v engine ( i have a M20, 12v) he is charging RM13K with instalation. I feel that his price for the 24v is way too expensive. I had advice from other buddies that i just buy a half cut which is much cheaper.

would appreciate some feedback.

thanks

franco

Franco..

WOW 13k is very steep.. too steep.:eek:

could be done under 8k with the half-car and labour..:)

buy a half car, plonk in everything, start and pay for the labour and oil and be happy..:)

there's a lot of half car's in town, can go bargain hunting..
and there is a shipment on the way down from Hong Kong with a 525i big-nose halfcut with 112k milage.. sweet:rolleyes: 5speed ZF box too..ouch.

now days every mechanic can plonk it in, but will quality of work that shows it looks from the factory fitted. take your time and do it perfect.

regards.

pussy;221181 said:
and there is a shipment on the way down from Hong Kong with a 525i big-nose halfcut with 112k milage.. sweet:rolleyes: 5speed ZF box too..ouch.

I want, I want... how much?

Guys, thanks so much for the info.. this mech of mine is good in his workl.. but he sure go for the kill with his pricing! Thanks again. And yes.. i would be very interested in the new shipment. ..

franco

pussy;221178 said:
GT-34.. i wonder it was a 2.0L ..

Ya,my friends cyclinder head are M20 2L.Then my friend upgrade to M50B25 Vanos fr M20 2L.

GT-E34;221351 said:
Ya,my friends cyclinder head are M20 2L.Then my friend upgrade to M50B25 Vanos fr M20 2L.

any idea how much he spent on the change, mate?

Flash.. if you say you want, you better be sure when it comes, you pick it up..

pussy, i know you have pm-ed me on this issue before, real sorry for not following up. now this piece of news about a ex-hongkie engine is interesting. do you know how much is it going for? thanks, halim.

inte: call me for a drink lo... since u lepak so near my house.. heh heh heh

anyone know what is the market price for m50b25 nowaday? or maybe 530i from japan?

Top Bottom