E32 won't stop

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

johnney

Club Guest
Dear Bro BMW all,I own E32 730iL, but when I press the brake, it's seems not working properly. The pad still ok. Have to press damn hard then it will slow down, emergency brake nil...... brake pipe all ok.....already change the brake oil dot 4.... germany one..pls help//what's wrong...

inside the brake hoses got air . go bleeding back brake system and
check the master brake pump and brake piston . i thing so .

pls go check w your reputible mechanic bro..ASAP..
E32 wouldn't stop is very dangerous bro..heavy weight summore..

cheers.

johnney;441793 said:
Dear Bro BMW all,
I own E32 730iL, but when I press the brake, it's seems not working properly. The pad still ok. Have to press damn hard then it will slow down, emergency brake nil......
brake pipe all ok.....
already change the brake oil dot 4.... germany one..
pls help//
what's wrong...

Do you have the brake booster aka "bomb" ?

Based on what you said, my suspicion is the booster.I had a similar problem with my old E32, but my problem was a multiple one. The brakes didn't seem to work at all unless I depress it really hard. When I replaced the booster, it was ok.However, everytime I depress on the brakes, the car pulled slightly to the right. It turned out that the rear right caliper had a clogged hose and prevented brake fluid from going thru. Once I replaced the hose, the brake worked like a champ.

As for your emergency brake, it might be related or it might be a separate problem altogether.Check to see if the cable isn't snapped.

when i got my '88 730i, the brakes was like what u mentioned, really no confidence, far away needs to start braking!

anyways, changed the 'black drum like thingy', got it for about RM200 bucks from the chop shop, now its better but still, its not perfect yet....

Top Bottom