E32 Windscreen - What are the options?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sudha

Club Guest
Hello sifus,Have been searching for any threads with reference to the E32 Windscreen but have not been able to find one (although i think i've seen one about an E38).My windscreen has a small crack for now which could be fixed but that is not my main problem. For some reason, the windscreen has fine scratches/ swirl marks which are amplified at night thus making night driving a pain sometimes.:thumpdown:I can live with it for now but I might as well look at available options should I need to change it.If that need arises, what types of windscreen are available out there and what should I get? what needs to be changed along with it? E32 owners who have changed your windscreen, appreciate if you can share your experience and also, an indication of costs so I know what to expect and not be shortchanged.By the way, I see some heating system lines on my windscreen just below the wipers so I am guessing it is still on the factory installed windscreen.Thanks in advance

hi sudha,

i have changed my E32 Windscreen to a Thailand manufactured glass. I did that at the windscreen shop next to 7-11 next to tawakal at jalan pahang. cost me RM800 for windscreen. It would be wide to change the rubber strips around it too for additional 180 i think. I did not changed that and i am regretting it now.

So far it has been good.

Alan

Thanks bro,

I am guessing I will need to change the rubbers cos they look hardened over time and any attempt to remove them may result in cracks and disintegration.

did you make an insurance claim during the replacement? Thanks bro!

I'm guessing they would have but this would be the local options, MSG versions.

I have not sorted my windscreen yet but hoping to make a trip to the windscreen shop soon.

Top Bottom