E32 1988 730i market price

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi bmchai,

I saw the 730i around 10K till 20K depending on condition. Are you still using ur E46?

Vinson

pussy;251864 said:
about 12k for not so good to 18k for a good running condition.

hmmm.... price varies quite a bit huh?

anyways, just got the car today, its from my uncle's.
tho, he's only asking me to pay him after i test out the car in 6months time but nevertheless need to negotiate the price ma.....:wink:
________
SexiestLove

BTW its a end nov 1998 alpine white 730i stock standard.
now got loads of questions that need some answers, so here goes....

dear sifus:

1) i need to do a engine oil+filter change. Any specific viscosity that i should use? or any synthetic lubs would do? engine sounds little bit rough.

2) i probably should do a gear box oil+filter+gasket change as well. should flush out the existing oil?

3) i should have it checked out as well but the brakes seems to be quite 'spongy', is that normal?

4) the OBC panel (with loads of buttons) light is very dim, & its in German! any way to rectify? if it costs loads of dough, then i can live with it.

5) wiper blades rubbers are worn, possible to just change the rubber blades only instead of the whole thingy?

6) the air cond is blowing but not cold at all, just add gas would do? i suppose Naidu's the place to go for this. huh?

thanks in advance!!
________
Avandia Lawsuit

Mr. Chai.

some answers to your question..

1) i need to do a engine oil+filter change. Any specific viscosity that i should use? or any synthetic lubs would do? engine sounds little bit rough.
- do a flush before you change, use this brand, i forgot, into the engien, run it for 15mins, drain and re-fill new semi-sync only first.. make sure it's castrol eq. dun use shell or petronas yet. castrol magnatec is a good start. engine rough could be the lifters. need to adjust them.

2) i probably should do a gear box oil+filter+gasket change as well. should flush out the existing oil?
- yes, do oil change, better if use the flushing system, then all your 13Liters or so will be new. then change the oil filter and gasket.

3) i should have it checked out as well but the brakes seems to be quite 'spongy', is that normal?
- i presume that you are running hydraulic servo which runs the power steering.
could be the ball that hold the pressure is weak, need to purge the system and bleed the brakes.

4) the OBC panel (with loads of buttons) light is very dim, & its in German! any way to rectify? if it costs loads of dough, then i can live with it.
- there is a way to change it, just need to obtain the manual. change the light bulb at the rear of the unit.

5) wiper blades rubbers are worn, possible to just change the rubber blades only instead of the whole thingy?
- change the whole wiper blades la.. only RM76.00 use the NWB not bosch !!
check also the wiper mounts wear rubber ring.

6) the air cond is blowing but not cold at all, just add gas would do? i suppose Naidu's the place to go for this. huh?
- yes check with naidu..

hope this helps.

Thanks Pussy for the reply.

anyways, changed my engine oil+filter, gearbox oil+filter+gasket, wiper blades @ heritage totalling RM700, (they advised me against flushing the engine & gearbox).

X1R engine treatment, auto trans treatment & petrol treatment @ brothers totalling RM120, (dunno if it helps, but what the heck!)

top up gas @ naidu's RM20. (now the A/C is damn cold liao :) )

didn't do anything for the brakes tho coz heritage tech says its like that :(
________
PrettySonya cam

pussy;251953 said:
- i presume that you are running hydraulic servo which runs the power steering.
could be the ball that hold the pressure is weak, need to purge the system and bleed the brakes.

If the "bomb" or brake booster fail, your brake will feel hard and there is no bleed need for this hydraulic system H31. A bit complicated system but a good thing about it is you can still have at least couple of brake assist even engine stopped .
Compromise is without power steering pump , no brake !:burnout:

Iqlima;252175 said:
If the "bomb" or brake booster fail, your brake will feel hard and there is no bleed need for this hydraulic system H31. A bit complicated system but a good thing about it is you can still have at least couple of brake assist even engine stopped .
Compromise is without power steering pump , no brake !:burnout:

true as said, but mine on the old e28 was like that..manage to get it fixed and it did help... maybe by the bleeding of brakes..

hmmnn..... wonder why ?

thanks guys for the reply.

the mech also mentioned that
1) the valve (tappet) needs adjusting and also
2)the power steering pressure hose is leaking.

any idea how much it's cost me for the above works?
________
Live Sex

Tappet adjustment is quite simple for the old M30 engines, just make sure the engine is cold when the adjustment is being done. As for the power steering hose, there are options, 1) to buy new or 2)look for shops to fabricate one using the existing joints (about RM120).

Cheers.!

730iL E32... 92

bmchai;251850 said:
Hi Guys (& Gals),

any idea how much an good running condition 730i E32 costs nowadays?

thanks in advance!

rgds,

bmchai

I got hold of one in very good ori condition @25k bah.. Rgds..

Top Bottom