E30

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kennytey

Club Guest
My Bimmer curenly got a tic tac sound especialy when engine is cool.I experian it first time when my car expouse at Genting for two night.Valve check ok, new oil ump, new oil cooler system.so aynone got experian of this to share with me, I have trying very hard but still no solution. :beaten: Thank bro.

Bro..what do u mean by tic tac sound bro...mind explaining bit more :D

:yahoo:

Originally posted by kennytey@Jul 1 2006, 10:32 AM
My Bimmer curenly got a tic tac sound especialy when engine is cool.

I experian it first time when my car expouse at Genting for two night.

Valve check ok, new oil ump, new oil cooler system.

so aynone got experian of this to share with me, I have trying very hard but still no solution. :beaten:

Thank bro.
The tic tac sound usually comes from the exhaust manifold...only heard when you switch off your engine..exhaust cooling off..its normal I guess.... :yes:

kenny... u heard the sound after u turn off the engine or during warming up?... does the sound disappear when your car is warmed up?.....

The crackling sound should be coming from the contracting metal inside your rear muffler. Usually happens when you have an aftermarket free flow type system or a Tubi exhaust or even the Brabus exhaust has it.

bro...either its ur exhaust manifold gasket or ur tapettes need adjustment...

where is the sound more obvious?
in front of the car(engine bay) or under the middle of the car?

rgds,
-brad-

Sound Is from trottle body site, it sound bad especialy when its cool engine, and take about half an hour to getting better. It sound was very bad when I am at genting.
Before that was happen, I do change exhaust gasket its normal for a weeks after that start this problem from the day at genting. and the sound follow the rpm and not from exhaust manifold site.
I replace oil pumpl, doule check valve clearence. no improve at all.
some guy told me alternator sound, steering pump, water pump. all kind. wil try check one by one hope is not engine problem.
Today just change water pump and fan cluth see tommorow got any good news for me. its first time have no idea where the sound come from. :beaten: Thanks for all your help.

bro...y change fan clutch?its got nothing to do with the sound lar...

anyway,it could be many other things like exhaust leak etc...

but do keep us updated okies...hope its sorted out...

rgds,
-brad-

bro. do check your hydraulic vavles they can be the culprit...yup the noise is very annoying....

Hmmmm mine tick tack sound comes from the exhaust when engine is off. True due to contraction of metal cooling down, but funny thing is that before when my engine was still M40 1.6 theres no this tick tack sound(maybe engine not so hot hehehhe). This happens right after swapping in M40 1.8. My exhaust is still original though, so far after 5mths nothings gone wrong so dont worry too much ehhehe.

Originally posted by kennytey@Jul 2 2006, 10:08 PM
Sound Is from trottle body site, it sound bad especialy when its cool engine, and take about half an hour to getting better. It sound was very bad when I am at genting.
Before that was happen, I do change exhaust gasket its normal for a weeks after that start this problem from the day at genting. and the sound follow the rpm and not from exhaust manifold site.
I replace oil pumpl, doule check valve clearence. no improve at all.
some guy told me alternator sound, steering pump, water pump. all kind. wil try check one by one hope is not engine problem.
Today just change water pump and fan cluth see tommorow got any good news for me. its first time have no idea where the sound come from. :beaten: Thanks for all your help.
i believe that you had a thicker oil in your car when you went up to genting

it took a longer time to reach the valves, hence the sound, oil starvation had probably accelerated the wear and tear of the valves, now probably you have a few worn out valves, or out of specific adjustment

2 solutions -
1. top overhaul with all valve regrind or changed new and all valve guides replaced.

2. tappet adjustment and oil change to a wider grade 5W40, or add in oil additives, but not a long term solution if the valves are worned

another theory that i dont think anyone would ever think of
.....pm me for more info, this is highy technical

aiyoo...so many expert here and dunno what happen ah..???

what he say is that his engine is knocking la.....

Originally posted by Zoggee@Jul 3 2006, 02:05 PM

You sure its knocking?? What is B.A.R.T's assessment??

Originally posted by Zoggee@Jul 3 2006, 10:05 PM

"and the sound follow the rpm and not from exhaust manifold site"

You could be right........ :p but why only when cold???

Originally posted by chikadeez@Jul 2 2006, 08:51 PM

bro.....live with it OR top overhaul OR m42 OR m44....... :D
:p ...yeah.. and i'm still waiting for your m44 bro!!! faster laa weyyy... hehehe

Hi bro. finaly............ :(

The sound could be from gear box, (oil pump or convertle or!!!)

So if......where is the idea work shop to go?

should go for gear box specialies or BMW specialies?

Sure I will final confirm before any action taken. is so tired.

Originally posted by kennytey@Jul 10 2006, 10:56 PM
Hi bro. finaly............ :(

The sound could be from gear box, (oil pump or convertle or!!!)

So if......where is the idea work shop to go?

should go for gear box specialies or BMW specialies?

Sure I will final confirm before any action taken. is so tired.
the diagnosis is could be only??? better be sure as dropping the gearbox itself will cost 300 ponies.

transmission

:confused:
Car now wrap up and keep under my car porch. waiting and looking for a complete manual transmission for replacement.

If anyone have "lobang!!!" of manual set for sell please keep me in touch.

Thanks bro.

Top Bottom