e30 V8 4lt Brainstorming session

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
pussy;596947 said:
haha.. all is we need for the poison to start now... so KGB, heng has offered in here already..

yeah, got offers, poison is overwhelming. This was supposed to be brainstorming session which turned into something else heheheh will you guys give me a chance to back out should i change my mind?

jarance;596858 said:
Question: How do you intend to pass JPJ inspection?

That is exactly how i plan to arrive to JPJ office for inspection:

[video=youtube;Ied8YQpIbMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ied8YQpIbMo&feature=related[/video]

bmw7833;597011 said:
I love the last sentence.."I pray for your wallet".

a realistic expectation of total expenses is essential. otherwise the project may come to a rude stop midway :(

kgb;596949 said:
yeah, got offers, poison is overwhelming. This was supposed to be brainstorming session which turned into something else heheheh will you guys give me a chance to back out should i change my mind?

once you embark on the big cc side, no turning back..and wipe the smile off your face...

pussy;597143 said:
once you embark on the big cc side, no turning back..and wipe the smile off your face...

its not a smile, its a grin

FortheMotherland.jpg

This is my new dilemma, since both engines straight 6 and V8 are pretty much more than one might need, provided costs of instollation and actual engine are similar, which one should be chosen?

V8 will always be a V8, without a doubt, it'll be situated closer to the center but is heavier. Straight six is a bit lighter, but longer and not exactly a V8, but it might be cheaper when it comes to maintenance and FC.....

Fellows, your input is welcome, what would you choose and why?

i'd go with a stroked inline-6, hot cams. wish to retain the original weight distrubution as doubt the M50/52/54 weighs much more than the ol M20.

mizhan;597247 said:
i'd go with a stroked inline-6, hot cams. wish to retain the original weight distrubution as doubt the M50/52/54 weighs much more than the ol M20.

I'd second that. Engine parts more easily available, more mod potential too. And if you use an alloy M52 block, it would probably be somewhat lighter than M20/M50. A stroked 24v plus a snail if you want to go mental. I recall Ramsing has the parts for a 3.2 stroker. or Pussy's 3.0. Choices, choices...

e30 + turbo = new supercar.

this is only pretty fast...imagine real fast :D

[video=youtube;c-gSwuMLjDM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-gSwuMLjDM&feature=player_embedded[/video]

pardypeople;597490 said:
M30B35..heavier but yummy old skool..cabutzz :vroam:

wasted ..i should had gone this route ....only found out a little later ....

ICEMAN 13;597769 said:
wasted ..i should had gone this route ....only found out a little later ....

which rout are you talking about?

Top Bottom