e30 throttle cable change

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skinhead

Club Guest
this morning while driving to work my throttle cable got stuck at full throttle :yes: ... luckily no car infront of me and i managed to pull the pedal back to position and no pedal to metal till i reach my office.upon inspection, found out that the cable near the "c" hook end was splitting to pieces and it stuck inside the black rubber hose, hence sticky. got no other choice except change it again. 2nd time in 6-7 months ( i guess)... to change remove the plastic part underneath driver footwell, reroute the old cable out and reinstall new cable starting from inside ur car. 10 min max... :eek:k: i guess pedal to metal on daily basis is bad for the oe cable :ph34r:

Last year event : I drive infront of Angkasapuri then opps ! the pedal feel very light and car go slow !. Later found the cable snap (behind pedal) .I look around , around and around, and lucky enough found nylon rope,and use it to drive to my home, not far about 10km .
It quite interesting to drive with one hand at steering wheel while the other pull the rope to move but it work , off course hazard light turn on.

Top Bottom