e30 made stunt show... car spinning

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
Hi to fellow UDM owners....Here i wanna share my experience i just took out my E30 after repair and fix bodykit on 7th Jan. next day around 4.30pm i was driving towards pj in RAIN(of course wet road) at 100kmh. While I’m driving the steering pull to left, cuz I hit the large amount water at roadside. I quickly turn the steering to right and NOT SURE I press the brake or not… then my car made 7 circles on the road. Luckily it didn’t go to opposite lane and didn’t turn upside down. Thank god!!!! It was like watching action movie. Wow!!! i know it’s a time for change the tires, but its not too bad condition.I’m using eibach(for 6 potter) sport spring and big boge absorber. But the engine is m40. The suspension is stiff. WILL THIS STIFFNESS CONTRIBUTE TO THIS KIND OF SITUATION? Any Ideas from you guy how to avoid this kind of situation?Thanks and DRIVE SAFELY.

if you suspension is stiff, then this should add to a more stable cornering and fast speeds. If you have large rims and run thin tyre walls then you tend to have the tyres following the road profile sometimes (there's a name for this but I forget) and can particularly be dangerous so need to make sure you have good quality tyres. I run 17" and 45 series conti sport 2 tyres and they are quite stable on wet roads but sometimes at high speeds through a puddle of water could cause the car to be pulled into one direction.

What size rims and tyres do you use?

datsunnismo;278827 said:
Hi to fellow UDM owners....
Here i wanna share my experience

i just took out my E30 after repair and fix bodykit on 7th Jan. next day around 4.30pm i was driving towards pj in RAIN(of course wet road) at 100kmh.

hi datsun , glad to know that u're safe.
i've had my share of death defying moments in an e30 b4 :43:

my personal advice is , DO NOT drive at 100kph in the rain in most cars anyway .
rain & water is constantly pouring n flowing over the road, road surface & water puddle shifts. u'll never know what to expect.

when it rains , i usually not hit speeds above 80kmph , maybe its just me.

drive safe :cool:

i think its based on the tires alot. im also using e30 but converted to sr20det. i previously used michelin tires on 16 inch rims and driving at 100kmh in the rain was ok, can still feel grip. but now im using only cheap silverstone tires on the same 16" rims, but can feel less secure if driving at 100kmh in the rain. when hit puddles, can feel the car about to swerve abit. also im using stock suspensions.
lucky ur safe bro..
careful out there guys..cheers!

Glad to know that the car and driver are both ok! hehe...better get the problem assessed and resolved a.s.a.p! All the best~

many many many many many thanks to you all for the advices.

btw bro vin, Im using 195/60/15 for front and 205/60/15 for rear.

drive safe everybody

Top Bottom