E30 M40 cannot start, again. hmm

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ejat shafiq

Club Guest
due to rainy weather this past few days, my e30 cannot start for about 5 days. i tried to start the car until the battery went out. so i ask my friend to jump-start the car. still, no solution. now the car didn't crank at all and just produced 'ketak' sound. pls, help me with a solution. :(

Could be your starter motor bro. Try ketuk2 the motor a bit. Don't use metal things to ketuk. Wood better.

1) Do as what has been said by BobTheBuilder
2)If you are driving a manual.. get a few guys to push the car, engage 2nd gear, release the clutch... drive to a mechanic
3)If its an auto, you can try to short the starter motor at the engine bay - or you could get someone who knows how to doit.

I had the same problem before, after all the trouble shooting methods. It was the starter that went KO. By the way it was a 2nd re-cond unit i used in 3 weeks which was bought from the same shop. Finally i bought the 3rd unit from another shop and no problems there after.....
Good luck

BobTheBuilder;607030 said:
How's the progress so far bro?

oopss sorry for not updating. didnt have time because of study. the car can start now due to battery problem. the battery flat out so i did sent the battery to workshop to charge it. only cost me 5 bucks and problem settle. and i wanna ask, did u know where to find the foglight lens. mine is broken but the bulb still functioning well. it will be costly for me to find a new pair of foglight. thanks

Will let u know.... also the chop shop one cost RM300 to RM400 so if the len in sg is cheaper alot to that...

Then i let u know... will checkout tmr....

Don't think the E30 foglight glass is sold separately at least not from the factory....

There's this South African company, http://www.mrlens.co.za/ used to sell the E30 M40 foglamp and also for E34, but I just checked their website, it's no longer listed...

ejat shafiq;610557 said:
ohh, sorry. i think the ad sell the replacement for the glass lens.

u mean u thot the ad sells replacement glass lens???

Read the ad description again.....
"BMW E30 3 Series & M3 OEM Glass Lens Fog Lights L&R 4Dr"
What it means was foglights with glass lens..
It even showed the front and back photos of the complete foglights... So what made u think it was for replacement glass????
If it's to advertise replacement glass lens, then it will not display photos of the complete unit... Cos that would be production misrepresentation...

Would like to get some suggestion on this same problem, car cannot start, only got tak tak sound, jump start also wont work, bat less then 1 year, how can confirm if it is starter problem.

Do advice. thanks

Top Bottom