E30 lowered spring

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anakin

Official Member
I got a set of lowered spring for E30 from chop shop (dunno what brand), fitted to my M40 using the standard absorber....it look just nice..not too low/high...but there's a problem..my car started "angguk-angguk" macam kereta jepun potong spring...why aar?? Some say the spring already "dead" some say the absorber too hard..sifu please help??(please don't tell me to buy eibach/bilstien set..okey? dun have enough money... :( :( :( btw, this spring had been used on E30 six potter before without these angguk-angguk symptom...so I get confused...can somebody explain what happen? Cheers.....

The weight of the engine ...maybe....I not own E30 but read some where here that the 4 pots n 6 pot using diff abr n spring ...correct me if i'm wrong....

Originally posted by anakin@Mar 10 2006, 10:27 PM
I got a set of lowered spring for E30 from chop shop (dunno what brand), fitted to my M40 using the standard absorber....it look just nice..not too low/high...but there's a problem..my car started "angguk-angguk" macam kereta jepun potong spring...why aar?? Some say the spring already "dead" some say the absorber too hard..sifu please help??(please don't tell me to buy eibach/bilstien set..okey? dun have enough money... :( :( :( btw, this spring had been used on E30 six potter before without these angguk-angguk symptom...so I get confused...can somebody explain what happen? Cheers.....
Try PM jumpman, he have Bilstein Black for sale, it's new :)

this topic has been discussed over and over again

please a search before you post next time.....

simple explaination is here, if you want more, go search.....

4 pot and 6 pot use different rebound and dampening rates
rebound rate must match dampening rates

in laymans terms
springs must matched with absorbers
springs must match your engine type, due to weight differences
absorbers must match engine type

if you want to match as you wish, please don't ask for opinions as you will get 1000 different answers, or just stick to one of the elders as your guide.....

tried Apex spring with Boge abs..love it. but not the best.
tried Apex with Koni abs.....wow!!! but the Koni last me 40K mileage nia. :beaten:
tried Apex with Knoi again...good.!! still wont last me more then 40k mileage.
tried Eibach with Koni abs...not to my liking.
Tried Apex spring with Apex Abs.with my Eibach Anti Roll Bar :blush: last me more then that. but one rear abs leaking liao.

but then again..spent a lot on the set up leh....Kmac Kit Front and rear,Pu Bushes,Strut bars..and the Tyres are very important too.

tried Alvins Always in the workshop 320 Bilstein Abs and Ground Control springs( adjustable right??) . mahai...c1p3K...ciput!!!! drooling over the set up.

note: all parts tested are brought brand new.!!!!!! :nyehehe:

TJ is right, even with my new Bilstien black absorber and eibach springs are not a good match, yes it handles better, but the damping rate and spring are different. You need to match the springs with the absorbers and the weight of the engine.

In other words follow what TJ said.

anakin,

then again, certain setups may match some people's preference
as per skar's setup, it may not appeal to him now, maybe in the future pipeline he may change to a large heavier engine that may suit the rate, who knows,

but another word of advise, try each and every car setup, different engine, diffferent springs/absorber setups as you can during the meets

skar,
there is a way to overcome your mismatch of springs/absorbers without changing them.......hehehehe :p

Originally posted by teejay@Mar 14 2006, 11:49 PM
anakin,

then again, certain setups may match some people's preference
as per skar's setup, it may not appeal to him now, maybe in the future pipeline he may change to a large heavier engine that may suit the rate, who knows,

but another word of advise, try each and every car setup, different engine, diffferent springs/absorber setups as you can during the meets

skar,
there is a way to overcome your mismatch of springs/absorbers without changing them.......hehehehe :p
this is the reason why i seldom quote your posts....coz sure kena racun! damnit......so what is the way? :D

hahahahaha........u read my mind like a book....!!!

better stay on topic lar.......that one we discuss later later.......

hint hint
its gotta do with tires and rims.....

Top Bottom