E30 got problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SS626A

Club Guest
Hi dude, On behalf my friend's friend, his E30 had air-con problems. he sent his car to warshop & serviced the air-con. After that, his car can't start any more. He asked wireman check all the wiring & battery. According to him, the wireman changed the air ratio sensor. (I am not sure E30 got air ratio sensor near air intake or not) His car can start. But his engine got abnormal sound "butt...butt..butt..." Press accelation pedal with black smoke come out from the exhaust pipe. the car totally no power & can't go out the workshop. At the moment, no poeple can fix this problems in Sandakan. Any Sifu can enlighten me on this problem?

if there is black smoke coming out from exhaust means that the fuel mixture is too rich..too much fuel burning..

from your explanation, i'm guessing the problem is with the AFM (Air Flow Meter). Change it and do O2 tuning. Also get your mechanic to clean the throttle body and ICV (Idle control valve).

Anyone got better suggestions?

Regards.
Kelvin

starting problems, check the fuel pump relay. as for sick engine, clean icv n throttle body; else, it cud probably the afm which needs replacement. good luck.

Sorry to reply late. I will let's my friend know all of your kindly suggestion. But I dun know y service air-con can cause the AFM & ICV?

Top Bottom