e30 fuel pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fivexal

Club Guest
Today after work I went to car seats repair shop looking for leather to replace my gear cover (DIY). Got a peace of black leather and plan to do it tonight.Few second after I start the engine, it stop and could net be start again..First thing in my mind is... the fuel pump that I DIY replace 6 month back.Have to check to confirm if the fuel pump faulty.1. Check the fuse. All OK2. Pull out the fuel host and start the engine, no fuel been pump out.3. On the ignation and put my ear to the rear seats.. no sound of pump.4. Remove the rear seat and remove the pump out of the tank.5. Test direct connection the fuel pump to battery and 100% confirmed the fuel pump kaput already.Cant do anything since its already night. Kesian my ride have to overnight by the roadside.Tomorrow have to look for another pump from the cutshop.I'v tried new Wira 1.8 pump before but it only stands for few month.Anyone have spare pump for sale please do PM ME TONIGHT before tomorrow 12.30pm. After that I will be hunting for the pump at cutshop..

no pump.,
but really admire people who can DIY.can check check,n solve thing by their own. salute~

Learned a lot from all sifuss.. here and its a bonus to have technical, electrical and computer background.. + pokai to hired a pomen.

Hi VinceLiew,
Thanks Bro.. U safe my life.. :yahoo:
Stay all night long infront this PC and VinceLiew PM me saying that he have 1 spare. Gonna collect it from him today. Thank God. Thats y I luv this Club..

Originally posted by tenquoraq@May 19 2006, 06:22 AM
Hi VinceLiew,
Thanks Bro.. U safe my life.. :yahoo:
Stay all night long infront this PC and VinceLiew PM me saying that he have 1 spare. Gonna collect it from him today. Thank God. Thats y I luv this Club..
congrats dude,worth to wait.., vinceliew sum more,his a nice person. hehe

p/s eh vinceliew,u like totoro?i got big big one on my bed. :D

Meat vinceliew for the item.... but its not intank pump.
Go to cutshop but most of e30 intank pump are faulty. I get them to take out the pump for e34 and its using the same fuel pump.
Got it at RM100 :yahoo:

Many thanks to vinceliew anyway for his time.

Originally posted by tenquoraq@May 20 2006, 02:18 AM
Meat vinceliew for the item.... but its not intank pump.
Go to cutshop but most of e30 intank pump are faulty. I get them to take out the pump for e34 and its using the same fuel pump.
Got it at RM100 :yahoo:

Many thanks to vinceliew anyway for his time.
you are most welcome.. :eek:k: do join us for TT and also to meet up other guys and gals in the club at showru every friday.. cheers!

Y mine easily KO one? may be always wait until fuel warning then only i fill up my fuel... I know its not good to do that.

try not to wait till the last drop.. the pump is being cooled when it's submerged in the fuel. when not submerged, it's running hot and it wears out faster...
can u actually save more running to the last drop? I normally top up after it past the last line before the red zone.

Top Bottom