E30 door lock

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

FLY

Club Guest
Both my front door locks are very stiff and i really need to turn the key carefully to lock or unlock.Infact, i m down to my spare key because the other key broke yesterday at the joint ( btw metal and plastic )Do i have to change the whole lock assembly ? Is this part serviceable ?Would appreciate any feedback from fellow-forummers who might have experienced a similar situation.Thanks FLY

Spray some WD40 into the keyhole, sometimes the mechanisms inside has lost its lubrication.

Jeff,

i ve tried the WD 40, sprayed it liberally on the key before inserting it into the lock. Did not really help. I don t think its possible to spray it directly into the mechanism because there s no 'hole'

FLY

FLY,

Stick the WD40 spray nozzle into the keyhole....spray for 2 seconds. Let the WD40 soak into the lock mechanism..then try turning it again.

Your topic has been towed to the appropriate section, in the future please refer to the main forum page for guidance.
There will be a link from the original place of posting leading to the new place (This states the approriate place).
If this thread is a tech question and if you are not sure which catergory to post under, please post under general tech.
If this thread is a 'FS or WTB' then post in the classifieds.

Thank You

-The Moderator

Top Bottom