E30 aircond switch

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

skar19

Retired
Does anyone have an e30 aircond switch ? mine is broken, please let me know if you people have a working one.thanks

broken...u mean when u press it in, it doesnt stay pressed???

simple solution, get a small piece of paper, folded once or twice....stick it right between the switch and the casing. but, u have to leave it on all the time la.....forget about getting it from chop shop, it will break again in no time

as for new one, BA quoted me 200+...gila!

Originally posted by shaifulo@Aug 5 2005, 08:01 AM

simple solution, get a small piece of paper, folded once or twice....stick it right between the switch and the casing. but, u have to leave it on all the time la.....forget about getting it from chop shop, it will break again in no time

That switch was quoted by First Div cheaper lah I think 100 plus not that high as mind was with name card to it for sometime.

skar19,

pls explain what means broken......as shaifulo said, if it wun stay down.........

try this.....take unit out, spray WD40 into the switch ( especially at the catch mechanism ) and activate it repeatedly......

solved mine this way & surely more elegant than paper wedges...

but if broken as if PECAH...buy new!

some e30 got the snowflake,blue kaler when illuminated,switch.some don't.mine don have wan.with one's without s/w,a/c is activated by the rotary fan speed dial.what i did,i put in series,a separate 2 position s/w and put this s/w where the ori snowflake button s/w is.works the same. :eek:k:

of crs to do this you have to open up the console,find the supply wire,cut and series a s/w and normalise.

Originally posted by shaifulo@Aug 5 2005, 08:01 AM

when i press the button it goes down but not all the way, the aircond only works when you press down the button and hold. but that means that one finger must me on the switch all the time.

no blue light means....bulb burned.

press halfway...means ur catch mechansim maybe kong oredi but try WD40...

u must remove the switch.....which is where strong fingers would be helpful! u gotta reach from behind and push the switch forward....

bot & fitted one switch (looked new) from Stuggart for RM40 -2 yrs ago. :D

Originally posted by DingChavez@Aug 5 2005, 12:44 PM
eiii?? :blink:

My car no switch. how come your have switch :blink: :blink:
ya last time my car also no switch one... i also duno why... the instrument panel still in my house.... was wondering....

Originally posted by skar19@Aug 5 2005, 01:14 PM
when i press the button it goes down but not all the way, the aircond only works when you press down the button and hold. but that means that one finger must me on the switch all the time.
Bro,this thing can b repaired...recently did 4 Mtek1318.
Drop by next Klang tt & i'll show u.

Regards B)

you all are talking about the round control tempreture or the square switch, which is two squares to control the blower and circulation air? mind spoilt is the square one that I place a name card to press it in so as I have cool air not warm blower.

skar19.. i have a spare.. call me 012-3131433... was on my car it's w/o light.. cheap..

regards.

Originally posted by pussy@Aug 6 2005, 11:24 PM
skar19.. i have a spare.. call me 012-3131433... was on my car it's w/o light.. cheap..

regards.
ok cool, if mine cannot fix then i ll PM you.

thanks man

i m waiting... got some more stuff for u to see also.. hehehe..

Originally posted by pussy@Aug 7 2005, 04:54 PM
i m waiting... got some more stuff for u to see also.. hehehe..
aircond switch is fixed with a paper clip, bro when can i see your other things la!?!?

Just changed my Air-con switch with blue and orange light illume costs SGD$75 at Eng Soon, Singapore. :D

Originally posted by ersalle@Aug 23 2005, 11:46 AM
Just changed my Air-con switch with blue and orange light illume costs SGD$75 at Eng Soon, Singapore. :D
is it new,sounds a bit expensive

bring out ur old one,

i can fix it for u, provided there's bright lites around.......getting old liaou cannot see in the dark.......

Top Bottom