E28 Flywheel swap for M50 engine ??!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Cressidom

Club Guest
HAS anyone swapped / mod thier M50 520i non vanos Flywheel for a non-dual mass one I.e. E28 ? Or if anyone can sugges something else similiar?CheersDom

Puss..am looking for an alternative to the Dual Mass flywheel.Looking to lightened a standard FW..and install it in the M50...I'm sure BMW had a good reason for the DM FW...but I like to revert to the ol skool..

hope this explanation helps.

Cheers
Dom

dom, who ever gave that idea, must be a real sifu.. the dual mass fw is there for a reason, your car is a e34, the engine needs the DMFW to move the car, good for uphill drive or not no torque.
using the single mass will create more problems, the car will jerk at low speeds, the clutch will slip, and you will have the famous flywheel 'clatter'

regards.

Puss..kev..thanks much for the feedback/advice..just an Idea am toying with..
Will work the drawing board again..

Cheers
Dom

if you really want it.. i can suggest a lot more ideas..hehehe..

opss.. nanti kev marah..

sharing it here ? then people do it, if fail, then blame me for their mistakes..

psst..strider, where have you been ? labuan ka ? gearbox sudah siap ka ?

just to share something.. some people do some modifications, ask me for advise, then go ask other people, then they follow 'other people' method, then fail, come look for me to settle.. cheeehh..

that's why these days, i rather shut-up..had enough.. want to do, ask other people..unless you are very close to me..

Don't worry. I don't think anybody wanna blame you.

Labuan? I'm still here. You don't want to drop by anymore.... I know la....

Gearbox clear, only clutch problem. Fixed a new one.

Hey, manage to convinced somebody at my place to become a beemer but yet to register here. Just got himself a E30

sorry, bro.. it's happening.. sorry very busy with Masjid work..

glad to know you fixed your clutch..

good, racun that fellow.. psst.. dun tell them about me..

Top Bottom