Drive Safe

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
When you see so much of dying that takes place all the time and everywhere around the world, you can only choose one thing...to treasure and to celebrate life!

Don Franco;652523 said:
All drivers for the Kluang Breakfast Drive should view this video and then keep to 110 km per hour all the way to Kluang and back. hahaha!!

what body kit u have there on ur e34 may i ask?

docrayboy;652895 said:
When you see so much of dying that takes place all the time and everywhere around the world, you can only choose one thing...to treasure and to celebrate life!

Doc, Spot on!! guess in your early profession days in the emergency ward, you must have seen quite alot.

1) Keep eye on the road.
2) Use signal correctly (No, they're not extra accessories as most driver believe in)
Extra note : A lot driver use signal at last minute before change lane, or turn at simpang and a lot more don't bother use it because "Yeah, i use side mirror and car on next lane still far, no need to use signal" mentality. Signal usage is to make incoming car from any direction aware that you want to change lane. Slow or fast driver can react accordingly.
3) Wear seat belt.
4) Follow the road sign.
5) Awareness of your car blind spot. (Mirror can only help so much, but not eliminate blind spot)
6) Use proper lane.
Extra personal note : Believe it or not, this can also cause some road rage. While i don't mind people use right lane at the post speed, but just leisurely cruise way below speed limit actually make me loose my patience.

All in all, always remember, anything can happen to anybody!

herbert;652932 said:
Doc, Spot on!! guess in your early profession days in the emergency ward, you must have seen quite alot.

Yeap, Herbert-not so much in my field-ENT-but whenever's there's a code blue (serious emergency) issued over the intercom, we go help the other doctors even now in my current hospital and see deaths all the time. Sad but then it tells us to always live life to the fullest whilst we still can.

docrayboy;652718 said:
Can we drive fast and safe? Is there such a thing-just asking.I am sure most of us love a fast drive...don't we?

Yes..speed thrills, but not on a public road especially in our region where a lot of people overrate their car & their own capabilities..& not to mention a lot of people have their own 'interpretation' of the road rules..
If a country like Germany where there is unlimited speed autobahns & where our beloved UDMs are developed are now starting to clamp speed limits on a number of their autobahns due to the horrendous carnage year after year on those said autobahns..the reason seems a foregone conclusion..
In fact if I remember correctly, ADAC (Allegemeiner Deutscher Automobilclub) which operates a helicopter emergency response team busted their budget due to a significant increase in call outs due to accidents on the Autobahn..& they are calling for a speed limit to be imposed, hence the limit nowadays on a lot of stretches of the Autobahn. That in a country with excellent road system & better disciplined drivers..

morrogan;652881 said:
This is really an impactful video clips. In my personal opinion, sometime the man made environment also play a role leading to accident....i.e. big tree / shrubs planted too near to junction obstructing view for approaching car.

Yes the environment plays an impact but we as drivers need to take that into consideration & react as needed,to just put the blame on the environment is akin to blaming others & not taking responsibility for our own actions..& I think that is a major reason why a lot of accidents occur..everybody blames the other party (other driver,environment,other car,etc..etc..) but fails to take responsibility themselves in an accident..

Cheers :)

Great reminder...thanks very much! I must admit that at times, the adrenaline rush got hold of the better of me especially when provoked. Really need to keep myself in check....

thanks Jerman................................:burnout:

All must drive safe........................:cool:

Sharing something I posted earlier on driving habits:

Just wanted to share an observation when I was travelling to Cyberjaya last night.

Not once but twice that I saw cars actually going up the opposite direction on the ramps heading towards the new flyover linking to Puchong/Cyberjaya. It's the new flyover after the Cyberjaya toll on ELITE.

I know one happened at around 9:30pm, and the other, slightly before midnight, but seriously, driving on the wrong side of a ramp to head back onto the flyover????

First culprit I spotted was a Saga BLM which had the nerve to drive back towards the ramp when I was Cyberjaya/MEX-bound, and the second was a black Waja airport taxi who was tailing a lorry before suddenly jamming brakes and making a u turn on the left to head up the ramp when I was heading back to ELITE. Geez. Come on la...

What the hell is wrong with these guys? :stupid:

docrayboy;652895 said:

True doc, and thats why we should own a bimmer..enjoy life to the fullest..

Sorry for bumping old thread but this is an important note. Thank you for the vid.
Though we love & spend our hard earned money on our cars, nothing will replace loss of family members that we are obligated. Please be cautious on the road at any circumstances and this off course goes to me too.

Top Bottom