Dr Dent

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

saat

Club Guest
So here's the run down.Will (Willard aka Dr Dent) came to my house this afternoon in his EVO Makinen special regn: WLL 1*1* complete with orange on white paintwork and great big dr dent plastered on the side. Saw the compressor in the back seat.I had 2 dents. One was a smooth shallow dent on the passenger front door about 1" and midway down the waist line. Quite obvious because of its location - a dent in the middle of a swathe of fairly flat area. This was defintely caused by some other car openning their door.The second on the left front fender, right above the left front wheel center line, appox 1 in from the top. This one a little more sharp but shallow about 0.5" and had a scratch. Again the location makes it very apparent. This was most probably caused by some other sharp objects becaue of the scratch.His technique is to apply direct physical pressure from the reverse side and slowly press out the dent from the back. First was to get access to the back side of the dent, second was to use a light to locate the pressure point and to see the dent more clearly. The pressure is applied using several tools in the form of levers. Some protective plates are used to ensure that during the leverage, no other parts are damaged. If he has pressed too much, he uses a plastic dolly to lightly tap the surface back.For the dent on the door, the access is through the windscreen apperture and he uses a lever to apply the pressure from the inside of the door panel. Slowly working the dent out from inside.For the dent on the front fender, is a little bit more difficult because it is too close to a corner and its double curvature. For this he used a mild steel bar 18"x3"x3/8" and access was gotten between the fender plastic guard. he had to bend the bar so that the tip will apply the pressure point directly on the area.Result:Total time - 45 Minutes.1st dent on door - almost completely gone. Wont find it of you dont know the original location.2nd dent - 90% removed, slight trace but not as apparent as before.A little cut and polish and done.No painting or filling. Original paintwork intact.Damage - RM120.ConclusionReally nice guy. Very satisfied. Will use him again and recommend to friends. He makes it so easy, such that I keep asking nmyself - "Now why didnt I think of that". Never thought that the body work is so soft. But on second thought, let leave it to the trained.As per forum rules, I will not publish his number. Anyone wants it, PM me.

Yes, he uses the exact PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) technique mentioned on the web page. I was told he went to San Diego to get the training and got 90 of those special tools.

May be those who have used him should also post your report card.

Originally posted by saat@Jan 29 2005, 04:02 PM
So here's the run down.

Will (Willard aka Dr Dent) came to my house this afternoon in his EVO Makinen special regn: WLL 1*1* complete with orange on white paintwork and great big dr dent plastered on the side. Saw the compressor in the back seat.

I had 2 dents. One was a smooth shallow dent on the passenger front door about 1" and midway down the waist line. Quite obvious because of its location - a dent in the middle of a swathe of fairly flat area. This was defintely caused by some other car openning their door.

The second on the left front fender, right above the left front wheel center line, appox 1 in from the top. This one a little more sharp but shallow about 0.5" and had a scratch. Again the location makes it very apparent. This was most probably caused by some other sharp objects becaue of the scratch.

His technique is to apply direct physical pressure from the reverse side and slowly press out the dent from the back. First was to get access to the back side of the dent, second was to use a light to locate the pressure point and to see the dent more clearly. The pressure is applied using several tools in the form of levers. Some protective plates are used to ensure that during the leverage, no other parts are damaged. If he has pressed too much, he uses a plastic dolly to lightly tap the surface back.

For the dent on the door, the access is through the windscreen apperture and he uses a lever to apply the pressure from the inside of the door panel. Slowly working the dent out from inside.

For the dent on the front fender, is a little bit more difficult because it is too close to a corner and its double curvature. For this he used a mild steel bar 18"x3"x3/8" and access was gotten between the fender plastic guard. he had to bend the bar so that the tip will apply the pressure point directly on the area.

Result:

Total time - 45 Minutes.

1st dent on door - almost completely gone. Wont find it of you dont know the original location.

2nd dent - 90% removed, slight trace but not as apparent as before.

A little cut and polish and done.
No painting or filling. Original paintwork intact.

Damage - RM120.

Conclusion

Really nice guy. Very satisfied. Will use him again and recommend to friends. He makes it so easy, such that I keep asking nmyself - "Now why didnt I think of that". Never thought that the body work is so soft. But on second thought, let leave it to the trained.

As per forum rules, I will not publish his number. Anyone wants it, PM me.
Hi Saat,

Can I pls have Dr Dent name and contact no? Need his magic on some dents on my car.

Cheers!

Thanks Saat.

Call the guy just now but he said he is not doing it anymore. Anybody knows anybody else doing it.

TIA.

Originally posted by Zul@Apr 13 2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks Saat.

Call the guy just now but he said he is not doing it anymore. Anybody knows anybody else doing it.

TIA.
not enuf sustainable business..

Saat's post was 14 months ago. Now only got ppl see and ask.. hahaha How to survive lah? :p

Aisay man .... where else to go?

Chipsaway charges RM250 but plus repaint the dent section.

Originally posted by Zul@Apr 13 2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks Saat.

TIA.
same here.. anybody else doing it??? I don't what to respray the dent.. :huh:

This type of dent repair are very famous in Hong Kong.

They using the same special tool as the internet showing.

you will feel amazing when seeing how they do it.

Really great job.

so how was the treatment of the dent?

I have two dents .... one below the rear number plate and then the other below the rear left brake lights.

will it cost RM130 per dent? expensive rite?

Just want to share my PDR experience with all of u guys. I had mine repaired last week, all round; 4 doors!! Thank god,i nearly respray the dents.:D All the dents gone! That guy done a good job and im satisfied. I think he's the same guy at Autospa but i managed to get him came to my place. So, the price a little bit cheaper. The charges is based on panel. 1 panel = 1door. Would recommend him,plz PM me for the number..

Originally posted by stephen@Apr 30 2006, 03:32 PM
so how was the treatment of the dent?

I have two dents .... one below the rear number plate and then the other below the rear left brake lights.

will it cost RM130 per dent? expensive rite?
Dear Stephen / Scin

When there abt 2pm ( abt 3 weeks ago ) and the Autospa staff asked me to wait untill 4pm.. ( my appointment confirmed at 2pm earlier :aggressive: ) After that only I know that they outsource the job to somebody else..

And until now the dent is still there.. :(

What Bro Goodfellaz mention is rite.. deal direct with the person will be much cheaper..

Top Bottom