DIY - AUX on BMW Business Radio or CD

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anaksarawak

Official Member
I am hoping to have some club guest or OM to do this together during one of our TT.Let's get started.

1. This was male on both end and I just cut one side.
02.jpg

2. Close up
03.jpg

3. Some people might wonder what this is.
04.jpg

This is a cable that I found from my old computer I was about to throw away. This pin connects to motherboard for power switch, reset switch, hdd led, power led, etc.
Do not cut the other end of this cable, just pull the pins out. It will help you to solder it.
bluehappy.gif

4. See? It is so much easier to connect them to solder it.
05.jpg

5. 3 small and 1 big heat shrink tube.
06.jpg

6. Ok. It is done.
08.jpg

7. From HU, pin 8,9(left,right or right,left don't care too much.
bluebiggrin.gif
) and pin 4(ground) need to be connected.
You will be surprised how well it fits.
bluebiggrin.gif

09.jpg

8. Finished
http://www.jpwearmfg.com/x/aux/10.jpg

Total cost $0. Because I found everthing I need at home and it works great. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=84802&d=1089824812 red/black(sound left/right) goes into pin 8/9 and
yellow(grounding) into pin 4.

red/black(sound left/right) goes into pin 8/9 and
yellow(grounding) into pin 4.

i

Interesting. But just wondering is our E46 have AUX option factory-fitted in the HU? I don't recall seeing the AUX option while selecting source of input on mine.

wingzee;778096 said:
Interesting. But just wondering is our E46 have AUX option factory-fitted in the HU? I don't recall seeing the AUX option while selecting source of input on mine.

Bro, no harm to try the lost is just 30minutes and one cheap cable

Bro, not to throw you off-track, but is the solution also workable on e93 (different HU on soulfood's ride)? Can i also attend the session? Wanna learn la...... :)

gendong;785527 said:
Bro, not to throw you off-track, but is the solution also workable on e93 (different HU on soulfood's ride)? Can i also attend the session? Wanna learn la...... :)

Need to google further, but I can't guarantee it will work but it worth a try

Top Bottom