Difficult start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jimi

Club Guest
Hi . sometimes i have difficulties in starting up my e46. i will kena like 3-5 times in a month and when it happens it can be morning start or even during hot weather.it would start till i step on the acceleration pedal.How ah??:smokin:

Jimi;262807 said:
Hi . sometimes i have difficulties in starting up my e46. i will kena like 3-5 times in a month and when it happens it can be morning start or even during hot weather.

it would start till i step on the acceleration pedal.

How ah??:smokin:
80% is due to your Idle Control Valve, it will cost u around RM 650

Jimi,

Several probable causes:-

1. As Mouse mentioned earlier.
2. Fuel pump and components
3. Camshaft sensors kaput (mine due to this, initially hard to start, then starting loosing power. diagnosed by GT1. replaced, problem solved)
4. Vacuum hose leaked
5. Ignition coil kaput
6. MAF sensors kaput
7. Battery kong
8. Fuel filter clogged or intake leaked
9. Pressure regulator clogged
10.Fuel injections kaput
11.Pulse generator kaput
12.Loose connection
13.And many more... the list goes on.

Best is to diagnose with GT1 and check on error codes. This will zoom on the most relevant things needed to be repaired/replaced. Not wise to simply change for the sake of changing (via guessing) unless at least you are 70% sure that changing will solve ur problems. Otherwise you'll get frustrated.

Other people experiences from this forum could help you to focus on the priority things needed to be checked before committing. Check on the common symptoms.

Good luck

Top Bottom