Differential Oil Change?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

AstroCreep

Club Guest
All, How often do you change the 'differential' oil and what type/brand of oil?How do you know/feel that it hasn't been changed? (What the heck is 'differential' anyways?) Thanks.

change it at 60K lar, i think u need about 1-1.5 litre only, not expensive even u buy redline

Red line its good... i had been using red line products from auto transmission to manual transmission.

Think u will need 1.5litre... 2 litre may be slightly past rm100...

better get the correct weightage plus the correct oil... if u wanna go for redline or any other type of oils. getting it wrong may results in your final drive going kaput-o!

Yes, pls get the correct oil... the standard "open differential" will do well with a wide range of manual gearbox oil, so long as it's within the viscosity range recommended by the car manufacturer... but if you have LSD (limited slip differential) pls be very careful with the type of differential oil...

1.which redline oil do we use for lsd n which for non lsd?

2.which oil could we use for the manual tranny?

McFir7;252473 said:
1.which redline oil do we use for lsd n which for non lsd?

2.which oil could we use for the manual tranny?
if i am not mistaken, M3 uses LSD, and rest of E46 model uses non-LSD, but pls check to double confirm

Non-LSD and manual gearbox can use Redline MT90, it's a 75W-90 viscosity, fully synthetic.

If LSD make sure the word "LSD" is printed big big on the oil pack... not sure which Redline oil to use, since I don't have any experience with LSD, yet.

Urrrm....... ada banyak abang gatal gatal sini...... better spin the wheels to be safer than soli!

Mouse;252507 said:
if i am not mistaken, M3 uses LSD, and rest of E46 model uses non-LSD, but pls check to double confirm

Top Bottom