Demister or radio?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seancorr

Club Guest
Hi all,

During the rainy season I started using the rear demister and realized that the top section of approx. 3x vertical lines that is separated by around 2-3 inches from the rest below aren't working... or is it part of the radio antenna....?

Was on the forum when I saw this wasn't answered!

Yes, it is the printed antenna for the radio. I learnt it the hard way on the F10 when I took it back to AB to ask them why wasn't the glass clearing on top. The service guys wanted to strip my tint to test the wiring! Luckily was saved by the aftersales manager who was speaking to me about another matter and clarified that indeed the top part is for the antenna.

goes to show how well informed our service technicians are.....this rear window antennae has been there since the e34 era!

Lol yeah thanks for the reply, cool to see after a while people will still reply old questions hehe. I actually went to the BMW OEM parts website to check what it was and got my answer there. Apparently the shark fin antenna is for the phone signal booster if you did buy the accessory to snap your phone in and its also the digital DAB radio if I'm not mistaken.

Catch you on paultan bro sudonano!

Top Bottom