defective stock wheel!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willie

Club Guest
I am 520d owner.been having fun on my ride since day one.today I discovered one problem with my one month plus ride.I have about 5k millage on my car and I have the habit of checking my tyre pressure every one to two weeks.and I noticed that my right front tyre always has lower pressure but the I drive never actually notify any alert till today when I was travelling from jb to kl.immediately I went to a nearby petrol station to inflate the tyre which was having only half the intended pressure.after inflated the tyre I went to a tyre service shop and the initial inspection was normal till we put the tyre into the water to check forThere leaks.and guess what I found? There is a pin hole on my rim that is slowly leaking! Now I really got myself to get after market wheels now.I will go and kacau ab real soon!!!

willie;678117 said:
the I drive never actually notify any alert till today when I was travelling from jb to kl.immediately I went to a nearby petrol station to inflate the tyre which was having only half the intended pressure.

Sorry to hear about your story. You mean the TPMS only notified you when the tyre only has half of the right pressure left?

Yes, because our is using the differences in the tyre rotation to detect the loss in tyre pressure rather then the real time pressure.I am not too sure whether I am lucky or not the defect is small so the pressure leak is subtle.

willie;678130 said:
Yes, because our is using the differences in the tyre rotation to detect the loss in tyre pressure rather then the real time pressure.I am not too sure whether I am lucky or not the defect is small so the pressure leak is subtle.

I think this defect is totally not acceptable for a premium brand like BMW. It shouldn't be there at all. However it could happen to anyone of us. Please make noise to the dealer and better still, make BMW Malaysia aware of this so that they can spice up their quality control!

Agreed with WJMG.

Shouldnt be getting a leak at all. by the way, is the leak in the rim itself or tyre?

Go grab a bigger wheels man!

ck318ci;678148 said:
Agreed with WJMG.

Shouldnt be getting a leak at all. by the way, is the leak in the rim itself or tyre?

Go grab a bigger wheels man!

Tyre is ok, the leak is from the rim that is what amazed me, never see a rim that had this kind of manufactured defect!!!

Now, I am going to look for new wheels.any ideas what is the market value for the msport 18 inches wheels for F10?

willie;678162 said:
Now, I am going to look for new wheels.any ideas what is the market value for the msport 18 inches wheels for F10?

Hey bro, how abt style 331 ?? Hehe

haha, that is for singapore road la... 19 inches is the max i will go... still recovering from the racun (previously thinking of 18 only), pls don't racun me anymore!!! haha...

May the dark force with you ...

Willie, don't come near me hah.. I don't want to enter to dark force .............

AB is going to claim a new rim for me... first time they meet this kind of problem it seems...

jovial8;679630 said:
May the dark force with you ...

Willie, don't come near me hah.. I don't want to enter to dark force .............

Don't worry, hehe, i won't change my rim so soon, have to wait at least until middle of next year (although i really cannot tahan), there is a much stronger force to prevent me joining the dark side --> my home finance minister!!!

willie;679661 said:
AB is going to claim a new rim for me... first time they meet this kind of problem it seems...

So have they done anything to your defective rim to stop the leakage temporarily or leave the pin hole there just like that?

wjmg;679676 said:
So have they done anything to your defective rim to stop the leakage temporarily or leave the pin hole there just like that?

They patched up from inside i think, that is what they said la... and at the mean time wait for the new rim to arrive...

Top Bottom