Decision? I need your opinion please help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Advanced

Club Guest
Hi All Sifu, Bro's and bmwclub Malaysia members,

I need some advice before I can make this decision.

Been thinking about this few months back and I still can;t decide.

Problem? --> Family expanded :) need a 7 seater car/ mpv now.

Why can't decide? --> spend almost 20K on my E46 ori M Sport and most of the used car dealer whack this car price like junk. Fyi, most of them quoted min 30K ++ to max of 40K only.

If i acquired another car, i think it's a waste since im not going to drive the 3rd car so often.

Please..i really need to hear your advice, please share.

Thanks

As you said you definitely need to buy the MPV, then the decision here is whether to sell or keep your E46. The $20k you spent in the past on the E46 is a sunk cost and should not come into consideration in your decision making. So the consideration here should be between $30k cash if you sell the car against the convenience of having a car to drive around minus the maintenance cost. Since you said that you won't be driving the E46 much, then it's straight forward, sell it and get the $30k cash and knock off against the purchase price of your new MPV. That's the right decision to make on financial ground. You could try get a better price for your E46 by selling it by yourself instead of going through and used car agent. Best of luck to you.

splee said:
As you said you definitely need to buy the MPV, then the decision here is whether to sell or keep your E46. The $20k you spent in the past on the E46 is a sunk cost and should not come into consideration in your decision making. So the consideration here should be between $30k cash if you sell the car against the convenience of having a car to drive around minus the maintenance cost. Since you said that you won't be driving the E46 much, then it's straight forward, sell it and get the $30k cash and knock off against the purchase price of your new MPV. That's the right decision to make on financial ground. You could try get a better price for your E46 by selling it by yourself instead of going through and used car agent. Best of luck to you.
Thanks splee :)

You're right.

Just sad to leave this beautiful car which I still keep in a very good condition.

Now gotta hunt for Japanese wife :)

Anyway, thanks again

Top Bottom