Deal with a road bully

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
This morning incident. As I pull out of my house I noticed a car down the road quite far away I come out in front quite easily. After the guard house, there is a car in front turning right and I wait for him to go first. Maybe I can squeeze through and turn to my intended left but its dark and not taking chances. Anyway there is a car from the left I have to wait for it to pass.

After I turned and few meters down the road, this car suddenly appear besides me on my right. The driver suddenly turn his car towards me as if to crash into me. I was shocked , turned my wheel slightly left to try to avoid and slowed down. Then I continued and this driver again come up my side and made as if to swerve into my car so I slow down again. Then he drove off ahead and I was shocked and horn him but he just sped off. He is driving a Camry not the old type.

I did not do anything to provoke him so I guess he is not happy with my slow driving. I drive slow because it is very early (6:30 AM) and still dark and I just woke up. Another incident happened a few weeks earlier at the same place and I believe it is the same car. At the same stretch the car overtake me and give me a long blast of his horn.

The thing is, I believe this guy is living down the street from me. I will probably run into him again as he seems to leave the house same time as me. How am I going to handle this if he does that same stunt. I think today he is just trying to scare me off the road but next time he may accidentally (or intentionally) bang into my car.

Really the drivers on today's roads are quite frightening, if you read the stuff that reported in social media.

Get one of those video recorders and install on your car in case an accident happen! If he does it again, keep the video footage for proof of his dangerous driving.

Alternatively, let him drive in front of you by leaving 10 minutes later or earlier.

Last plan, agree with jarance... Get a glock or a pepper spray in case things becomes ugly to protect yourself.

wat?get a glock?u want to die early aaaa....or a slow death in prison?
a camera is best n a pepper spray in case that feller gets violent...and then drive straight to the balai.....
violence is not the way....

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

wont die early if you know how to double tap. self defense. OK camera is also a good thing to have in case you have to put up a defense.

Black Cat, cakap banyak nanti Jarance use the glock on you for target practice. Hold on to your 9 lives! There are many more BMW models coming in future to drive, to admire and ultimately to own. Hahahaha.

Yours Faithfully (YF) said:
Black Cat, cakap banyak nanti Jarance use the glock on you for target practice. Hold on to your 9 lives! There are many more BMW models coming in future to drive, to admire and ultimately to own. Hahahaha.
sorry.. I wouldnt do this to my friend. Even if i want to do it, I have to catch him first. cant do that in my present ride. :slug:

since he is staying just down your street, better not do anything, he might have a bad day that day, when passing by him just give him a hand gesture waving bye at him.
manatau one day u & him will be friends.

My dad told me this 'rule' long ago when I started learning how to drive : Always consider the other driver an absolute idiot!
Don't say 'I have right of way!'. Not my fault if accident because this or that. Just slow down and let him pass/avoid him. You then get to live longer. Same with road bullies, just avoid them. No need cameras or pepper sprays or glocks. Just avoid him.

docrayboy said:
My dad told me this 'rule' long ago when I started learning how to drive : Always consider the other driver an absolute idiot!
Don't say 'I have right of way!'. Not my fault if accident because this or that. Just slow down and let him pass/avoid him. You then get to live longer. Same with road bullies, just avoid them. No need cameras or pepper sprays or glocks. Just avoid him.
Sounds like solid advice doc

..steps as follows..
1) Camera installed, so joker can clearly see that you do recording whats going on..this should work just fine for normal folks, we all get cocky sometimes
2) Equip yourself with Pepper spray and some nice, juicy baseball batt (aluminum recommended based on experience, easy to handle and works great against parang type crap)
3) Once you equip yourself with baseball bat, makse sure its clearly visible from outside as a very easy to acces hardware for you
4) Wear badass sunglasses when equipped with baseball batt. It gives nice edge and joker do not see where you looking, what gives you nice psychological edge as well..

..before all mentioned steps are taken(except camera), I would really try to talk some sense to this person, if that is your neighboor..if he posses an atom of brain, it should work..

Top Bottom