crossmember crack

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sgojita4

Club Guest
hello guys...sorry for bothering u all..did any of u had experience this before?a crack at both side bracket of crossmember?1 workshop suggest me to weld the part but the other workshop suggest me to replace with a second hand crossmember..wut do u guys think?quotation i got for welding is rm650, n for second hand crossmember + install rm1900..any suggestion??tq all in advance... :)

Best you get it replace with a new set, no point
welding cause it won't give you the full strength.

Its depend which area d crack happened ..... maybe u can post a pics so others can give more contructive opinions

i dun see any issue to weld, but not everyone know how to weld it. i will suggest if you want to weld, look for sam, who was with velocity at sunway. i do not know where is he right now, but if i need to weld anything as important like that, i will look for him.

most welding by panel beater guys are like "welding tahi ayam" or in cantonese.. "kai si hon"

alantiong;842761 said:
i dun see any issue to weld, but not everyone know how to weld it. i will suggest if you want to weld, look for sam, who was with velocity at sunway. i do not know where is he right now, but if i need to weld anything as important like that, i will look for him.

most welding by panel beater guys are like "welding tahi ayam" or in cantonese.. "kai si hon"
If you weld, the strength of the whole unit is now as strong as the welding point. This is not good in an accident. This is also the reason why kereta potong is dangerous.

alantiong;842761 said:

If you weld, the strength of the whole unit is now as strong as the welding point. This is not good in an accident. This is also the reason why kereta potong is dangerous.

Top Bottom