Coolant level..

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

andy989

Club Guest
To All Sifus, I have one technical question. Is it normal for my 2000 E46 coolant level to drop every 3-4 days? This has never happened before but lately I need to check the coolant level frequently. There is no leackage whatsoever underneath the car. But it has come to my attention that the coolant stick drops to minimum level every 3 or 4 days. Would really appreciate on any advise given. Many thanks in advance.. Andy

andy bro.... there must b a leak somewhere for this to continue happenin so frequently. go to ur mechanic shop n jack up the car.... look for dried up water marks (looks white n powdery). a lot of forumers here change their expansion tank for maintenance purposes.... u may wan to do the same.

good luck

karate70 said:
andy bro.... there must b a leak somewhere for this to continue happenin so frequently. go to ur mechanic shop n jack up the car.... look for dried up water marks (looks white n powdery). a lot of forumers here change their expansion tank for maintenance purposes.... u may wan to do the same.

good luck
yes karate is right, u may not necessary see the coolant on the floor. it might leak and over time turn into green or white powder (harden). u can see this maybe along the radiator bracket or the connector pipe Y-shape behind your engine (difficult to reach n u have to remove the microfilter b4 u can see it). best thing is to do a pressure test. i believe your mechanic will have the pressure test tools. many of them after changing the expansion tank and the leaking stop. but not necessary that is the cause. your mechanic will know best.

Will check..

Thanks guys,
Will bring the car to the workshop tomorrow.. Thanks again..

Andy

andy989 said:
Thanks guys,
Will bring the car to the workshop tomorrow.. Thanks again..

Andy
btw, how many ml u need to topup every 3-4 days?

Guys,
Yup,u guys were right.. Radiator gone.. As said,there was white powdery thingy along the radiator bracket.. Got it fixed.. Radiator assy,thermostat and coolant oil of course..

Thanks again Gents..
Andy

Top Bottom