Converted Bemmer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

integramania

Club Guest
Guys,Wats ur opinion of a converted bemmer? from 520 to a 525 (M50B25)? As compared to a original? I guess my question is it worth getting one? Converted usually ok?Also for the e34 when the front panels are converted to the newer one with the bigger nose grill, the dashboard flashes with an error on the lights. Is this just some wiring problem or something is wrong?Thanks

Wats ur opinion of a converted bemmer? from 520 to a 525 (M50B25)? As compared to a original? I guess my question is it worth getting one? Converted usually ok?
-No problem cos 520 and 525 share common parts ....wat u need is to get the engine,MAF,TB,intake monifold,ekzos system,ECU for engine and gearbox if ur is auto.....Wire harness can use back .....and others thing can be remain ....Pls PM GT-E34 for more detail .....

Also for the e34 when the front panels are converted to the newer one with the bigger nose grill, the dashboard flashes with an error on the lights. Is this just some wiring problem or something is wrong?
-Its wont affected if u change to big nose aka facelifter .....

I am looking at one e34 1989 converted from M50B20 to M50B25...so when negotiating since it is converted

1)Should it be on par with and original 525 or
2)Should it be a factor to say since converted its of say lesser value

Also wat would be a fair price to pay for this car89/90...quite new paint, replica fibre body kit, front changed to big nose, rims e39 and normal shocks and spirngs...convereted to M50B25...need to get the dash panel error to be fixed and some change to the ABS (sorry forgot wat it was) which claims to be 200+...mileage is abt 200ks+

As for the headlights...when u change to the big nose grill...the lights and all need changing as well right?

Thanks

I am looking at one e34 1989 converted from M50B20 to M50B25...so when negotiating since it is converted

-For ur information ...1989 E34 is M20 engine instead of M50 ...So make sure the conversion done properly

1)Should it be on par with and original 525 or
-Not ori .......Be caution of the register card either the car oledi get JPJ approval for the convesion

2)Should it be a factor to say since converted its of say lesser value
-Depend of the car condition

Also wat would be a fair price to pay for this car89/90...quite new paint, replica fibre body kit, front changed to big nose, rims e39 and normal shocks and spirngs...convereted to M50B25...need to get the dash panel error to be fixed and some change to the ABS (sorry forgot wat it was) which claims to be 200+...mileage is abt 200ks+
-Pls refer to the STAR or MT for the market price ......U always can get better price from direct seller .....If cash buy ...then u can ngo further .....If converted car ...Try to get lower price compared wit ori car ....

As for the headlights...when u change to the big nose grill...the lights and all need changing as well right?
-No need ..its same ....

Oh ya....this owner not so familiar with beemers so he just bantai i guess

Conversion done properly I guess needs the mech to tell me tat rite?

The car's road tax is 2.5l...so i guess its legal...i have not seen the rego

I tried the car....nice drive....apparently its a full ACS exhaust system....it has a slight rumble...this one also i need to verify....

The asking price is high to me...high 20s for a 1989 convereted....

Oic....then I dont actually know why the dash board keeps flashing saying that its gor a prob with the lights....the lights all function ok...could it be wiring during the conversion?

Lionel_Koh;206797 said:
Wats ur opinion of a converted bemmer? from 520 to a 525 (M50B25)? As compared to a original? I guess my question is it worth getting one? Converted usually ok?
-No problem cos 520 and 525 share common parts ....wat u need is to get the engine,MAF,TB,intake monifold,ekzos system,ECU for engine and gearbox if ur is auto.....Wire harness can use back .....and others thing can be remain ....Pls PM GT-E34 for more detail .....

Also for the e34 when the front panels are converted to the newer one with the bigger nose grill, the dashboard flashes with an error on the lights. Is this just some wiring problem or something is wrong?
-Its wont affected if u change to big nose aka facelifter .....

My dear Lionel.. maybe should correct your statement..

if the car is a 520 M50B20TU local spec, then the runing management is siemens, not bosch.. the wiring harness can't be used back, even if the car is M50B20, the wiring harness still can't be used..even the sensors are different..

as for the lights warning on the check control panel, the swap was not done properly, hence the warning light, so the wiring is wrong, cos all B20M50 engine cars never came with check control only the b25 engines. to correct it, u need the half car wiring to plug back, so is the rear harness..

regards.

Hi pussy...thanks for sharing....

Would finding this wiring be difficult and costly....so if the lights light up means its like a cut and join job right? and danger in tat?

Another thing....would identifying if a conversion is done completely be a difficult task for a mech or a season e34 user?

hi..

yes it's difficult to cut/ join back.. if wrongly joined, would result a fire..if u still have the secondary wiring, then it might help..

leave it to a mech to check, they know best.. even i m still learning from my mech..

regards.

Hi..

Here my views.. I might be wrong.

I believe there are many E34 525 24v out there at your budget. Saw a few at StarOnline with price range from 21K to 29K..

Just my views..

true.. now days, it's going quite cheap.. but make sure good service records..

Going to the owners mech should be able to check tat rite?

many e34s on the star? i have been looking...lately not many lar

pussy;206859 said:

if the car is a 520 M50B20TU local spec, then the runing management is siemens, not bosch.. the wiring harness can't be used back, even if the car is M50B20, the wiring harness still can't be used..even the sensors are different..

as for the lights warning on the check control panel, the swap was not done properly, hence the warning light, so the wiring is wrong, cos all B20M50 engine cars never came with check control only the b25 engines. to correct it, u need the half car wiring to plug back, so is the rear harness..

regards.

Thanks for the detail ...wat i mean is those using same management system @ bosh for 520 and 525 using the same wire harness .......:D

geoffreylee;206903 said:
Hi..

Here my views.. I might be wrong.

I believe there are many E34 525 24v out there at your budget. Saw a few at StarOnline with price range from 21K to 29K..

Just my views..

200% agreed tat ........same ur money and headache ......

pussy;206859 said:

regards.

Dear bro PUSSY,what's the Lionel said,are economy convert ,my car just convert from M50b20 to M50b25 non vanos .if from non Vanos to vanos normally buy half cut ,for me no Vanos ,only buy engine ,then the wiring system is same,the car ready to drive.the orthers parts are using M50b20 ,who said can not ,this easy happen on BMW!!!!!not me many Bimmers are select this convertion.but here thanks your info Pussy.

integramania;206866 said:
Hi pussy...thanks for sharing....

Would finding this wiring be difficult and costly....so if the lights light up means its like a cut and join job right? and danger in tat?

Another thing....would identifying if a conversion is done completely be a difficult task for a mech or a season e34 user?

if bulb konked then how... trust me i know.... ;)

The converted car I am looking at.....rusting lar and the bottom part all oily....damn....so no go lor

Top Bottom