Clutch plate due already

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fish

Club Guest
guys,Need some advice please . My clutch plate is due for change already .Which brand should I go for ? sachs , luk or OEM .Should I change the flywheel ?By the way ,I am on e34 525i .thks.fish

Depends on your sensitivities...
I'll go for whichever is the cheaper solution (I think its only Sach or Luk) since I've replaced mine twice already.

But what is making you think that its due to be replaced?
Is it juddering? Mechanical failure? Slipping?
Just curious.

cheers.

ngkm ,
twice already . Did you change your flywheel or not ?

Mine one still driveable but due for change already . The gap for it to move
is too long and sometime it jerks. Confirm by 2 person already .

By the way , which one you are using luk or sachs and how long did it last .

thks.

Changed to Luk after the previous clutch (sach) spring plate broke. The sach change lasted about 2+ years (too short compared to another earlier sach which it was on).

Haven't change the flywheel, but did do skimming during the earlier change to sach.

Check your pumps (slave and master) before you look at the clutch. Even juddering/jerking can be due to a non-smooth pump action. My slave pump was not smooth at one time in releasing the clutch hence the car jerked (was worse during high temps and traffic jams). Pumps are cheaper to look at first before plunging for a clutch job.

cheers.

Can do quick clutch test - read from somewhere -
Brakes on. Into 1st. Drop the clutch. Car should jerk and engine stall.
If clutch is bad, you'll be able to sense the slip and the engine will only stall later once friction has built up.

Top Bottom