Click Click...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Raymond@M-BeasT

Club Guest
got "click" "click" sound from my leather seat(driver's side) lately. :( what can i do to make it diam diam huh?? :dunno: i tried hard to find the sound and listen closely where does the sound from,but still can't locate it.. :angry: how le?????any idea?????

ray,

maybe yr leather is time to give it a bit detailing..

get some leather care product fr the market n try to apply on it..

leather seats are prone to sounds... sienzzz

e46 also have this illness , what i do for my e36 is lower the seat to the maximun then no sound , that works if the problem is not the leather seat ,
if is the leather seat then u have to find where is the rubbing sound , then stick a velvet kind of material on it to stop the rubbing noise , i saw a e30 did that , and the car has no lether sound anymore ...
hope this will help

Originally posted by vincent@May 20 2006, 05:24 PM
e46 also have this illness , what i do for my e36 is lower the seat to the maximun then no sound , that works if the problem is not the leather seat ,
if is the leather seat then u have to find where is the rubbing sound , then stick a velvet kind of material on it to stop the rubbing noise , i saw a e30 did that , and the car has no lether sound anymore ...
hope this will help
Vincent,

That is because the sound comes from your seat belt latching/buckle rubbing against your seat!

When you lower your seat, the buckle remains fixed, and the seat is no longer rubbing against it.

Trying shooting some lubricant at the point of contact and see if the sound disappers.

Raymond, maybe your sound is from the same source?

Originally posted by Raymond@M-BeasT@May 19 2006, 11:12 PM
got "click" "click" sound from my leather seat(driver's side) lately. :(
what can i do to make it diam diam huh?? :dunno:

i tried hard to find the sound and listen closely where does the sound from,
but still can't locate it.. :angry:

how le?????
any idea?????
I have similar problem, the sound comes from left hand back seat. I am not sure its the seat or door panel. Something like a screw not tighten sound, only can hear it when going throught uneven road. (imagine the sound of a screw inside a plastic container and u shake it). I notice the sound dissapear when someone is sitting on the left hand back seat. anyone have the similar problem?

As mentioned by me in another post elsewhere, the creaking sound comes from the leather rubbing against the plastic cladding at the side of the seats where the seat adjustment controls are.

This is especially prevalent in pre-facelift E46s and seems to have been solved with the facelifted E46.

The 'click' or 'clack' sound is from the seat METAL brackets at the bottom mechanism part. It CAN be fixed with some D.I.Y. skills. I have fixed mine in a M3 electric sport seat where there was a free play between the metal brackets even the screws are securely tightened. You just have to go get some O rings and put it between the brackets and thus works like a cushion to eliminate the sound. When there is a freeplay between the brackets, it will create click/clack sound whenever the varying load we put on the seat during instances like cornering or when we stand up and then sit on the seat.

This info can be actually found from BMW TIS CD and it is part of design defects on the seat.

I assume this is the sound you guys described and not the leather and plastic materials rubbing sound.

Top Bottom