Civic Type R

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E46Fanatic

Club Guest
Saw this rare beauty during lunchtime as I was picking up the wifey's car from service. Its a stunning car, trick tyres, aggressive red on black interior, brembo brakes, and a nice sounding engine/exhaust. Honda squeezed 235hp out from the 2.0 ltr 4 pot, and the car laps at the same lap time as the NSX around the track. Not bad for a FWD!! I was told the entire batch of 40 odd type Rs brought in by Honda Malaysia have been snapped up by enthusiasts..for just under RM200k probably as 3rd or 4th cars for these guys. The tyres are semi slicks.. so I dont think its a daily driver heh.

Forgot to add.. the car in the pic was on the way to Wegro. I wonder who's the lucky owner... Even on the truck bed, it caught a lot of attention, and I wasn't the only one out there snapping pics of it on the truck bed. It'll create more conversations than say a Golf GTI on the road I thinks.

My personal point of view....

They should have brought in the VTEC version long time ago during the "Civic" crazy days back in the early nineties..... I guess is a little bit too late now as Civic is no more the market leader in this category.....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

However, as a Ex-Civic fan myself, I sure do hope to see more of this new Type R Civic on the road.....:rock: :rock: :rock:

Based on WongKN's articles on asia.vtec.net, the Civic Type R is rated at ~228hp (225 ps), and 45 units in total for Malaysia this year has all been snapped up. There is a shortage as well in Japan for the Civic Type R as the demand outstrips the supply...

Honda has done it right again with this new FD2 Civic Type R. At least, HM has brought this rare JDM beauty to Malaysia for us appreciate.

I would have preferred the Euro Civic Type R as in case in S'pore, at least it looks completely different from the common Civic.

Magazine reviews from evo say Euro CTR not the "real" CTR. We are getting JDM CTR which is supposedly the better car. I wouldn't know as dun have 197k to spend on a Civic. :-(

I read a mag review sometime ago that the lap time of Civic Type R was better than that of Golf GTi. At 197k it definitely competing at the same price point as the real GTi.

Indeed we're getting the JDM Type R...man would love to trade my Civic 2.0 for it..HAHA..

its a nice car...still....its no udm...:rock: :rock: and as bro limste can verify...won't pull in the chiqas like a udm can:D :D

thsaw99;240393 said:
its a nice car...still....its no udm...:rock: :rock: and as bro limste can verify...won't pull in the chiqas like a udm can:D :D

101% agreed.....:top: :love: :top: But not as many as you wor brother Saw.....:rock: :rock: :rock:

I agree with limste too but dread the idea of being cucuk by one' of em someday. As it is, I've been having quite a bit of fun with the regular Civics on 'em long straight roads, heh!

My personal experience when I was single and younger and had my JDM EK4 Civic SiR, it served well as a babe magnet :wink: ..... However, Simon pointed out it's only good for college going gals, but the BMW pulls older working class gals.

I'm out of the scene already for obvious reasons... but who cares about chickas if you had the Civic Type R instead!..... I can't believe I said that haha.

Cum to think of it, Funj was going out with a walking goddess when he had his Civic SiR, a looooong long time ago! He's had his fun, now my turn, ehehehe!

Juan Powerblow;240701 said:
Cum to think of it, Funj was going out with a walking goddess when he had his Civic SiR, a looooong long time ago! He's had his fun, now my turn, ehehehe!

So, when is your big day bro ??

Hi every bro,

I'm looking for Golf GTI original 18' WALD rim, if anybody can get pls let me knw. 012-2788666 Thanx a lot.........

Top Bottom