Choose your 330ci Cabriolet

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

omegaoracle

Club Guest
Which one will you get - UK Specs or Japan Specs? given the choices:- 1. With xenon headlights or with AC type V rims?2. With Speed cut at 180kph or without speed cut? 3. Lowered or non-lowered? Japan Specs Color: Black Year 2001 (claimed by dealer) Production: 2000/Oct (BMW VIN) Mileage: Rims: 17" M-Sports originalTires: Bridgestonef: 225/40/18r: 225/40/18Xenon Projector Headlights Foldable side mirrors 3 Spoke steering (non-multifunction)No reverse sensorM-Sport lowered springs M-Sport leather bucket seats -two tone black/redCD Changer UK SpecsColor: BlueYear 2002 (claimed by dealer)Production: 2001/Mar (BMW VIN)Mileage: Rims: 18" AC Type V Tires: Michellin Pilot Sportf: 225/40/18r: 255/35/18HID HeadlightsNon-foldable mirrors3 Spoke Multi-function steeringWith reverse sensorStock springsStock leather seats CD-Changer

walrus_lord said:
what's the price difference bet. the two?

I think he wants us to assume that they are both similarly priced...

I think its a toss up, the japan specs got the tasty M bits while the UK specs is 1 year newer. Omega didn't say anything about mileage/condition though.

My pick still still depends on mileage, maintenance and condition.

I would choose the uk spec provided it's condition is good even if the price is a little higher then than the jpn spec.

QME7555 said:
I would choose the uk spec provided it's condition is good even if the price is a little higher then than the jpn spec.

Is the UK spec better built? I thought all E46 cabs are built on the same line of the Regensburg plant. They both need to be tropicalized for malaysian climate....

KL2DC said:
Is the UK spec better built? I thought all E46 cabs are built on the same line of the Regensburg plant. They both need to be tropicalized for malaysian climate....

tropicalize for malaysian climate? what, how, where?

omegaoracle said:
tropicalize for malaysian climate? what, how, where?

You need to check with local service reps. I think the only difference is an uprated cooling system and HVAC unit. All official BMW AB cars have the tropical or hot weather specs...

omega, assuming minimal price diff between the 2, i would choose the UK spec. you'll end up with a newer car based on your VIN check.

KL2DC is right, currently both are similiarly priced (after a little nego).
The opening price for the

The Japan spec'd has logged 13k++ km, while the UK spec'd has logged 31++ km. Needless to say, while the UK spec's condition is good and very clean, - the Japan spec'd car's condition is awesome... if anyone has seen calvin tan's m3 - the interior and leather bucket seats are red/black combo with 8 way adjustments.. really nice.

However, I'm at wits end cause both don't really have what i'm looking for. Its either this have that or that have this.... esp between the AC type V against the xenon headlights and foldable wing mirrors.. but then again the cars coming in from

E46 330i is 225bhp right?

Omega, does it have to be a cab? Why not a hardtop, they're lighter, less expensive, less things to go wrong, stiffer body, less risk of vandalism, lower cg etc. ??

omegaoracle said:
The Japan spec'd has logged 13k++ km, while the UK spec'd has logged 31++ km. Needless to say, while the UK spec's condition is good and very clean, - the Japan spec'd car's condition is awesome... if anyone has seen calvin tan's m3 - the interior and leather bucket seats are red/black combo with 8 way adjustments.. really nice.

i sense you already have one foot in on the jap spec, go for it man. i'm not sure whether you could verify the 'authenticity' of the mileage done...if you kknow what i mean. All the best, do keep us posted of your final choice..

KL2DC said:

Omega, does it have to be a cab? Why not a hardtop, they're lighter, less expensive, less things to go wrong, stiffer body, less risk of vandalism, lower cg etc. ??

231hp actually..fyi, someone just bought an 2004 sedan for RM245K..

omegaoracle said:
However, I'm at wits end cause both don't really have what i'm looking for. Its either this have that or that have this.... esp between the AC type V against the xenon headlights and foldable wing mirrors.. but then again the cars coming in from are known to have 180 kph speed cut...

A friend and fellow club member had shared that the carbs has many known problems, mainly from the convertible nature - namely airtightness, leaks, soundproofing, etc. Anyone has similiar exprience or had heard of any reivews?

From vin decoder, both engines are M54. Anyone knows what is the claimed HP for the 330i ?

Omega, you've plenty of options for your budget. i'm sure KL2DC would recommend an e90 325 as an option...:), but do try out e46 330i sedan if you've a chance, you'll enjoy the extra power and sweet sound of the engine!

safri.... :D I was thinking about it, but he probably wouldn't listen.

Seriously, I'd consider the coupe or sedan over the cab for reasons stated in an earlier post. You'd probably pumped up over all the M bits ... :p

But if you must go with the cab....

Are the cars at the same dealer? Why don't you ask the dealer to sawp all the goodie parts onto the UK spec car and call it a day :D It's a buyers market right?

KL2DC said:

Well... my current ride's an e46 coupe, and previously i had the e46 318 sedan, the e34 535 and the e30 318(m) sedan..

itchified to check out cabs... is the maintenance really not worth it?

safri said:
i sense you already have one foot in on the jap spec, go for it man. i'm not sure whether you could verify the 'authenticity' of the mileage done...if you kknow what i mean. All the best, do keep us posted of your final choice..

but again the dilemma of the other UK spec car having an original AC Type 5.. what a beau...

Top Bottom