Chip

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmer_man

Club Guest
Dear Sifu & Forumers, I drive a E46 328ci 01/05. I have heard alot talk about "CHIP" which improves hp and performance. Still kinda confused here. How many type of "CHIPS" there is?Is it similiar to remapping ECU? What's an ECU? Sorry for too many questions. Just that i'm planning to improve my car's performance and not a technical person at all. My mech..., is kinda straight fwd kinda guy. Told me to look at other workshop. His supplier doesn't supplier all these modification stuff. Planning to upgrade: brake system, suspension, performace & hp. Maybe later ICE. Could some1 recomend a good workshop for upgrade? reasonable pricing, original quality and honest. Hope to hear from you soon...

Hi Daniel,

Looking for better pick up power. I have heard bout turbo, s/charger and etc.... I dun want to go too extreme at this moment. Just take it slow in improving the performance.

with the 328,
best bet would be just to improve its breathing and exhaust flow, but let me warn you 1st, the power increase will be minimal.

you will find more pleasure in getting a set of anti-roll bars.

best bang for buck IMHO.

better to learn more about the different aspects of modifications which u can get for the car. U are an easy target for the local breed of i-know-them-all tuners who actually just know how to sell u something which just cost a lot but do nothing much. ;)

thanks for your advise fabian... Thats why, i need a good mech to advise me. Looking all options before get the upgrades done. Need an honest mech/workshop.

Where do you send you car for maintenance?

best is still to acquire knowledge on it. That's part of the fun. No point doing something which u don't know much about.

bimmer_man you could also try installing FOUR voltage stabilizers into your car, one on ever corner, seems to improve fuel economy.

Ask fabianyee.

fabianyee said:
better to learn more about the different aspects of modifications which u can get for the car. U are an easy target for the local breed of i-know-them-all tuners who actually just know how to sell u something which just cost a lot but do nothing much. ;)

fabian, am i reading this correctly?

Daniel said:
fabianyee said:

fabian, am i reading this correctly?

I'm not so sure what is it that you wanted to do but if you continue to be a nuisance in the forum, u would risk to be served a warning by the moderators and subsequently a ban. The forum is not a platform for personal attacks. This is not the first time nor am I your first target, I have a feeling that if a public poll is posted to have u voted out "Survival" style, u would have been out long time ago. The moderators have been lenient to u but looks like u do not deserve the leniency.

bimmer_man said:
Hi Daniel,

Looking for better pick up power. I have heard bout turbo, s/charger and etc.... I dun want to go too extreme at this moment. Just take it slow in improving the performance.

There are various chips in the market, namely the popular ones like Superchip, Hiop, Jim Conforti and etc. Then the next category are piggyback ECUs which also does the same thing to your original ECU albeit in a slightly different manner.

For the e46, basically a new software would be reloaded into the current ECU without any physical removal of the ECU or the "chip".

You would definitely feel the difference in terms of responsiveness and drivability, but it would not be something dramatic. It cost about 2k a pop.

Top Bottom