Cheaper Road Tax in Sabah/Sarawak???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
John_Smith;644006 said:
I honestly hope that the road tax rate here is the same as East Malaysia. I have a E36 328 and roadtax is seriously a killer..

Ha ha, price to pay to enjoy power. when u got your E39 with M5 engine, that is real pain.

mizhan;608936 said:
just saw an E60 M5's (Sabah) roadtax sticker, looks the same. perhaps very soon they'll make it visibly different, then susah la :)

So I suppose it should read around RM4k or less on Sabah's RT sticker? Plus runner fee RM1.5k, total not more than RM6k, sweet.

Very true, 1Malaysia. Where runners rule. Wonder if I could apply permit to become an official "runner". I'm sure can make more money than many other [legal] jobs.

fabianyee;609103 said:
AFAIK, they are both same same.... 1Malaysia mah.... :p
This is the loophole ppl are exploiting due to the lower rate for East Malaysian roadtax... It's a loophole but still legal...
Like I mentioned, from what I gathered, during roadtax renewal, the official in charge is the one who verified that the vehicle is physically in East Malaysia... but true to the Malaysia Boleh spirit, he just close 1 eye and approve it.. of course, this 'service' comes with a fee which is only worth the trouble for high cc cars... otherwise, don't bother....
Not sure what would be the implication if someone is caught and can't prove that the car was in EM when renewing the road tax. Then again, with another 'fee', documents can be produced to show that the vehicle was shipped over during that time.. hahaha.... all's well ends well.....

there's alwiz a possibility for everything seewai...hahahha

Alex5522;643774 said:
Yes u r right bro im Semenanjung guy but business in Sabah. I've shipped my car bck to here before and the road tax of my 4200cc dissel engine at Sabah was +- $2k (Private use). I use the car here till the road tax expire then convert to commercial used. Others wise if i maintain for private use it will kill me the road tax cost more then 7k in Semenanjung.

from what I understand bro, the roadtax for 4WD in Borneo is cheaper and it will be vice versa in peninsular. this because the road condition in Borneo and peninsular. the 4WD is more likely a daily usage car in borneo and whoever drive a 4WD in peninsular is more likely a rich fella because the road condition there didn't apply the usage of 4WD that much. this is what the salesman told me when we bought our 4WD.

Not only 4WD, passenger cars too. For 11k road tax private car, if Borneo registered, you need to pay 4k or so only.

Helena320;695104 said:
from what I understand bro, the roadtax for 4WD in Borneo is cheaper and it will be vice versa in peninsular. this because the road condition in Borneo and peninsular. the 4WD is more likely a daily usage car in borneo and whoever drive a 4WD in peninsular is more likely a rich fella because the road condition there didn't apply the usage of 4WD that much. this is what the salesman told me when we bought our 4WD.

Road tax for 4WD is actually cheaper even in Pen Malaysia.... about 25% cheaper..

edit : Cheaper compared to saloon car..

seewai;695111 said:
Not only 4WD, passenger cars too. For 11k road tax private car, if Borneo registered, you need to pay 4k or so only.

I think I want to start this runner job la, easy money I see.. LOL

fabianyee;695112 said:
Road tax for 4WD is actually cheaper even in Pen Malaysia.... about 25% cheaper..

edit : Cheaper compared to saloon car..

Indeed. What I mean is, in Sabah, D-Max 3.0 that equipped with 4WD system the road tax is around RM300+, for the same model without 4WD, the road tax is RM1K++.. I think I need to recheck this with JPJ.

Top Bottom