Cheaper imported cars : Wet dream or Reality ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
EEEE30;487110 said:
...Thinking of buying car? Hang on, wait and see how the fuel subsidy final plan become..
I suppose no harm waiting a few months for those thinking of buying car. Even if it's partly true...

FAARRRKK.
yeah looks like a hoax/ joke to me also. Did some search on the net and didn't find any legitamate source or Skynet News Asia. It's all over various forums though.

EEEE30;487129 said:
FAARRRKK.
yeah looks like a hoax/ joke to me also. Did some search on the net and didn't find any legitamate source or Skynet News Asia. It's all over various forums though.

If you do more checks the figures quoted for the excise duties are also way off mark.

Current excise duty is 80% for 1.8 liter cars and below, 140% for 2 liters and above if I remember correctly. It was mentioned 200% in the article.

Our import duty has been revised in accordance to AFTA, but each time it was reduced, the excise duty went up in accordance.

As to whether it is right to slap excise duty on "foreign" products, that is subject to intepretation. Historically excise duty is only meant for locally made products.

Cheers

By the way isn't Skynet the evil computer in the Terminator Quadrilogy? Hmmm...

Salut

ALBundy;487136 said:
If you do more checks the figures quoted for the excise duties are also way off mark.

Current excise duty is 80% for 1.8 liter cars and below, 140% for 2 liters and above if I remember correctly. It was mentioned 200% in the article.

Our import duty has been revised in accordance to AFTA, but each time it was reduced, the excise duty went up in accordance.

As to whether it is right to slap excise duty on "foreign" products, that is subject to intepretation. Historically excise duty is only meant for locally made products.

Cheers

Don't forget, if you happen to bring a car from overseas using your own AP you are subject to sales tax in Malaysia.:stupid:

erica34;487127 said:
I suppose no harm waiting a few months for those thinking of buying car. Even if it's partly true...

what about 2nd hand car? :39:

pegging at RM3.70 for Ron 95? Hmmmm very suspicious since they claim without alleged subsidy the actul price is RM2.10.... Yep, definite wet dream...or maybe just a 'moist dream' la...

Bruce_Z;486263 said:
Import taxes = money to the govt.

This is a wet dream worth having though....

Agree with Bruce_Z.
:top:
Import taxes = money to Barisan. No way they will do something stupid. Its a wet wet dream.

blackrobe;487597 said:
pegging at RM3.70 for Ron 95? Hmmmm very suspicious since they claim without alleged subsidy the actul price is RM2.10.... Yep, definite wet dream...or maybe just a 'moist dream' la...

I too remember the subsidy is RM0.30 per litre at the pump. Where did the RM3.70(RON95) and RM3.90(RON97) come from?
Guess all the abang adik of the Club will be holding very cheap expensive toys come 1st May... Sigh... what to do with my Z4, bought in July 2008 from AB Glen, which is still heavily being financed????

BTW, nobody mentioned about maintenance! Will it be cheap expensive cars paying for expensive parts from Germany! Will the taxes on original parts come down too?

CleanWorldPeace;487811 said:
I too remember the subsidy is RM0.30 per litre at the pump. Where did the RM3.70(RON95) and RM3.90(RON97) come from?
Guess all the abang adik of the Club will be holding very cheap expensive toys come 1st May... Sigh... what to do with my Z4, bought in July 2008 from AB Glen, which is still heavily being financed????

BTW, nobody mentioned about maintenance! Will it be cheap expensive cars paying for expensive parts from Germany! Will the taxes on original parts come down too?

I suppose it wont affect my old skool E34 since its price has dropped down to drain when I acquired it :D

but the price of RM3.70 per little on fuel is horrible to me. I think if it really happens, there will be probably something big happen in next general election? ;) (btw, i still havent's registered myself yet...I'm neutral one ;) )

armandd;487407 said:
what about 2nd hand car? :39:
same logic applies unless you urgently need to buy car, i.e. no harm waiting for a few more months. those common 2nd hand car you're thinking of buying today will almost certainly be cheaper tomorrow unlike properties. if price of new car drops, used car values would most likely drop too.

morpheus5039;488401 said:
I suppose it wont affect my old skool E34 since its price has dropped down to drain when I acquired it :D

but the price of RM3.70 per little on fuel is horrible to me. I think if it really happens, there will be probably something big happen in next general election? ;) (btw, i still havent's registered myself yet...I'm neutral one ;) )

Aiyoooo register la bro... "If you do what you have always done, you will get LESS THAN what you have always gotten"..then how to to make any changes to our limping land... give the country a chance man, time to stand and be heard...:wink::wink:

Obviously if you are paying taxes. You'll complain. And if you complain, you better register and decide who gonna rule this land. For the benefit of common people.

what a joke for 3.90 per litre ... 65Litre=rm253.50 :eek:

Fuel money higher then my installment .. :stupid:

Cheaper imported cars??...no way jose...that would practically send the car industry into turmoil...
Don't think Malaysian gov is that stupid to tax less as they need money badly to boost the economy (then again, I could be wrong...malaysia boleh!!! =D)...like it or not guys, inflation is hitting us...*sniff*..I want my beamer...*sniff*...will get it by May after the news

Top Bottom